• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

IH memorabilia

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay Fetters

IHCC Supporter
My dad came over today and said "I got something for ya" and he pulled this out of his pocket. He said they got them for a safety award, or something like that. I remember seeing them at my grandpa house, and we had them on our end table in the living room when I was a kid. Pretty cool i think.
20230419_202145.jpg

My dad came over today and said "I got something for ya" and he pulled this out of his pocket. He said they got them for a safety award, or something like that. I remember seeing them at my grandpa house, and we had them on our end table in the living room when I was a kid. Pretty cool i think. View attachment 153690
:greenthumb:

Jay, That is neat. I was working at FARMALL when they got their 2 million safe manholes. And just day's later it happened! A girl in her early 20's was working in a small parts machining dept and she had interviewed and been accepted onto the Plant Guard force. One Friday night about a week before her new job started She's running parts on small drill presses, drilling holes for grease zerks, or bolt holes. She had waist length hair, she normally kept it " up" but not this night. Somehow her hair blew around and wrapped up on the spindle of the drill, pulled her head down and started to scalp her, must have been a terrible thing to see. The water soluble oil coolant flowing over her head, they finally killed power to the machines, the FARMALL AMBULANCE ran up to the nearest door and rushed her to the hospital a mile or so away. She passed away due to kidney failure about 5-6 days later. To say the FARMALL family went through a cultural change to emphasize safety after that is an extreme understatement. Last I knew we were back up around 2 or 3 million safe hours, they accumulate fast with 2000 employees.

Back