• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Firewood

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was hauling in some firewood this evening and it's a bunch of figured maple.
icon_eek.gif
I remember when I was splitting it a year and a half ago wishing I had known it was figured before I cut it up. I have set aside a few pieces to maybe use for some pistol grips or something. Here's a couple of photos of some of it.

311465.jpg

311466.jpg

Kraig Mc you will never find that wood out hear on the west coast ,.i was looking every where for some for my cross bow .the cost for shipping was just too much

David, are/were you making a crossbow? How big of a piece were you looking for?

Kraig Mc .i found some plain big leaf maple to makeit from .it works fine but just looks plane ,the wood is about 4ft by 6in by 2in wide .alot of people in the gun clubs sure would like what you have .

Kraig Mc i got a price on one pc of figured maple and it was $30.00 ,and birds eye was twice that.most of the wood out hear grows to fast ,because of the wet weather we have hear .it take very slow growing to get that figured you have ,to bad you dont have a home saw mill ,you would be into the money .some thing to think about

I think I'm going to sell my figured maple firewood as premium firewood. You just know it has to produce a prettier fire due to the "flame" figuring in the wood. Anybody here want to buy some or should I put it on that evil auction site?
lol.gif

Kraig - Go ahead ! I need to buy something else there that doesn't work ...
Do you offer a 30 day return policy if I'm not 100% satisfied with the results ?

Jason, did you install some sort of forced air heat exchanger?

Kraig,,, Heat exchanger came w/ house,,, we were still getting settled in last winter and never used it,,, been burning "a lot" of wood so far this winter and figured what the heck give it a try,,,
The Blower type fan REALLY moves a good amount of air into the living room,,, It is kinda noisy on max setting so there is a trade off between air flow and noise level,,,
I would have no idea at all how to calculate the amount of electricity Blower uses compared to the btu's produced and then factoring that into how much it actually helps our home thermostat from kicking on at a particular setting,,,
1a_scratchhead.gif
OMG LoL
Anyway it's almost silent between the 1/2-3/4 setting,, it has like an infinite style dial,,, And so far the Doberman loves it,,,
err.gif

312420.jpg

312421.jpg

312422.jpg

312423.jpg

312424.jpg

Back