• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Firewood

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going down to 40 or below tonight and tomorrow night, then MAYBE it will start to warm up enough to let id die down for good, LOL

I had another semi load of 8' logs for firewood delivered on Friday.
happy.gif
I only had a little bit left from the last load, which you can see on the far right end of the pile.

307530.jpg

307531.jpg

My gosh that looks like "WORK"
My 2 fire places, no wood stoves here, are just Recreational. Although upstairs fire place does have a Hollow U-shaped rack attached to small piece of duct with a blower! Nothing we could actually use "Instead" of the steam boiler but does aid in boiler firing so often!

Man that is A Lotta Wood!!!!!

I've never seen Ide's stack but I'd say "UR There".

Looks like this Wednesday is fire up the wood stove day, So I figured I better get some brought in.
They say chance of snow Friday!!!!!
309601.jpg

Wow I'm still at 74 degrees!!
Going to drop on Sat here to 60 high and lower as week goes on. I'm not far behind there I guess.
whistling.gif

Earl - I've got volunteer tommy toes blooming.

Charlie gets all the girlz ... just look at his wood !!

Gave the last full cord of wood I cut (2009-10) a couple of weeks ago. Loading trike tomorrow, may leave for the winter HQ Sunday or Monday. Been cool enough here for some wood burning around me, smoke smells good, back does not miss handling wood...

Gerry - If you like smoke smell then you'll love going south ! Today was the first day we've not had smoke around here in 2 weeks. We finally got about a tenth of inch of rain last night. Saturday night it's suppose to get down to around 26 in central Ky so you'll feel at home passing through.
My step dad and his wife are heading to Venice Thanksgiving day.

You ought to stop by , I'll let ya work on my 1882 before I put a bullet in it's heart !

It's been pretty warm here, I think I've only had three fires so far. Been chilly in the house now and again but not cold enough to fire up the stove, easier and cheaper to put on a sweater.
happy.gif

Going to cut wood tomorrow and got to thinking. first off when first bought this house and started cutting wood (with a barrowed saw and trailer split wood by hand) I thought if I could cut split and stack around 2 cords a day I was doing good. Now I own two saws and a 37 ton splitter it don't take long @ at all to have that much done by noon. Last weekend A real close friend and I ( who also heats with wood) cut at least 12 cord and split and hauled at least 4. Hauled the rest to his place in long length. And got to wondering what the most someone has done in one day with one helper. I am sure mine wasn't the most done but I felt we got a lot cut.
Second dad sent me a email around the time I started cutting wood I remember it was titled the true cost of heating with wood. It a joke email. Starts out guy buys a saw and a truck. Breaks the back window twice. Then totals the truck. Keeps going on and he and his buddy's got to drinking burnt the furniture cuz they got drunk. By the end of the joke it cost him like $40,000 to heat his house. Ends up getting a divorce and all that. I remember it had the cost break down with each item. If someone has a copy of that please post it I want to show my buddy that. Thanks Jim

Jim, I remember that joke. I may still have a printed copy of it somewhere around here but before I went looking for my copy I decided to google it.
happy.gif

First year costs:

2 stoves and installation $1385.
Removal of hot water baseboard and boiler $238.
Search for reputable wood dealer N/A $76.
Chain saw $210.
Ax, wedges, maul, cant hook, etc. $119.
Old truck (junk after 1st load) $595.
Newer truck $8645.
Tire chains $88.
Replace truck's rear window (twice) $310.
Fine for cutting wrong trees $500.
5-acre woodlot $4995.
Splitting machine $950.
14 cases of beer $126.
6 fifths ginger brandy $38.
Fine for littering $250.
Towing charge (brook to road) $50.
Gas, oil, files, Band-aids $97.
Doctor's fee (sawdust in eye) $45.
Medical cost for broken toe (dropped log) $128.
Safety shoes $35.
Attempt to fix burned hole in carpet $76.
New living room carpet $699.
Paint living room $110.
Taxes on woodlot $44.
Woodlot boundary dispute settlement $465.
Roof repair after chimney fire $840.
Fine for assaulting fireman $50.
Extension ladder $55.
Chimney brush $22.
Medical fee for broken leg (fell off roof) $478.
Chimney cleaning service $90.
Replace coffee table (chopped up and burned while too drunk to bring firewood up from cellar) $79.
Divorce settlement $14,500.
EXPENSES $36,388

Sale of hot water boiler system $125.
Fuel oil savings $376.
CREDITS $501.

NET COST OF FIRST YEAR WOOD BURNING OPERATION; $35,887.

I'll throw in the price of my MF 20,000e stove for kicks. LOL

Stove- $14,995.00
Flu Pipe- $1800.00
4 heat exchangers- $740.00
Installation and heat runs- $3300.00
30 cords of 3 year cut red oak- $2,100.00

Cost of 16,400 Sq. Ft. building to put it in,
$687,000.00

I'M SCREWED!
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back