• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Firewood

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
David, yep, that's another name for it, which is the name I prefer, but I couldn't think of it when I was writing my post for Allen...
old.gif

I've seen those in the catalogs for things out of the north woods. The one I like has a big chunk of metal at the end instead of a spike. Its usually used to roll or lift a log up in the air so someone can use a chain saw on it and not dig into the ground.

After the cold came in I started eating firewood, how are others doing?
Ill post some pics later

I'm still burning wood leftover from last winter. This weekend I'll dig into the first of the wood I cut and split last spring for this winter.
happy.gif

OK woodsmen, How many of you know what a "pulaski" is??

No peeking now!!

Or what it is that you are doing when you "reeve"?

Yeah, it's another cold dreary winter(brrrr) day here too!! Sure glad the LP guy filled the shop pig the other day!

Do any of you guys running outdoor wood boilers have any trouble with them? My son in law is thinking of getting one but he's heard of a lot of stoves going bad (cracking) after three years and also water pipe breaks to the point basements have been flooded. Thanks!

Mine is a central classic 5036, no troubles at all since lighting in it in fall of 08, they also come with a 25 year limited warranty. I could not be happier and figured it paid for its self after 3 years.

I heat house, basement, domestic hot water, garage and the outdoor shop when needed

I've got a Heatmaster SS MF20000E
With a Lifetime limited warranty.
I heat just a hair over 16,000 Sq. Ft. and it just idles along at 40 below.
301777.jpg

So I let the stove burn down yesterday as we hit 80.
Today was 84.
Tonight we go down to the low 40's, according to NOAA, so that means we'll get closer to the low 30's.
Then for the next week or maybe 2, 60's to low 70's for the highs and upper 30's to low 40's for the lows.

So you know what I'm gonna be doing in the morning!!!!!
YEP!
Fire that sucker back up!
bash.gif

Latest posts

Back