• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub Tires _ all Cub makes

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scott,

No you don't need a special valve. Just pull the core, find a tube to fit tightly over the stem and attach the other end to a container with the ballast fluid of choice. If you do a search on 'bong' or 'tire bong' you should get some more detail.

Has anybody loaded their tires with Slime? I don't mean just the regular dose of 8 ounces the prevent flats, but filled them with gallons of the stuff? It would be expensive, as Slime is about $150 for 5 gallons, but it would never leak out, wouldn't corrode the rims, and the stuff is heavy as anything else...

Just a thought...

Here's one mounted. I wont go into the pain it was or the pain it left to get aired up but it's on...
79227.jpg

79228.jpg

Scott - I don't have a pic of it but I've used a pressurized tank for 20 years to load my tires. It's a SS Pepsi canister, the one that the Pepsi comes in that they then pressurize with a tank of O2 for fountain drinks. I put a hose on it with a tire chuck then pour in my anti freeze / water mix and air it up to 150psi then put the chuck on the stem and fill'er up
happy.gif
You'll have to bleed air off to get more fluid in as it fills up. That tank setup makes a heck of a tree sprayer too , no tree to tall
biggrin.gif

Scott - I wouldn't fill a tire with water cause if you live in any climate that "might freeze" you will have problems. I have found that is easier to pay the local tire shop that does farm tractor tires $20 a tire to have them tube my tires and add calcium to them, then I don't have to worry about them freezing and the "loaded" tires weigh about 100 lbs each.

Hugh - Here's a David Bradley wheel that I first used on my home made tractor ... it had a tube and calcium.
79243.jpg

Ken - I like your Pepsi cannister idea for adding anti freeze to the tires. And I believe you when you say no tree is too tall - but isn't the anti freeze bad for the trees? I just let my trees freeze.
err.gif

(I always hesitate to harrass you, Ken; like kicking a sleeping dog, I know it'll come back to bite me!)
flame.gif

Seriously though, I agree with the rust problem from using calcium chloride. I worked at a Goodyear Farm Tire center 100 years ago (before my Air Force career) and saw a lot of that. Are there any negative effects from the anti freeze?

Ooooo you're soooooo gonna get it ....

As for the antifreeze it's best to use the pink RV stuff as it wont kill the dog that's gonna bite you if it leaks out.

Here's the tank that I pressureize for putting fluid in my tires plus use as a tree top sprayer. I put the steel tire valve in the lid.
79324.jpg

79325.jpg

What size tires are on a 3000 ser. tractor ? When I see the tractor in pictures the wheels and tires look so small. Is this because the tractor is so much bigger then the normal ih cub cadet ?
dunno.gif

Brad S.
Since ya didn't specify which 3000 series, click the Parts lookup Button above, enter in the model number and it will show ya.
thumbsup_old.gif

Oh yea, your question belongs in the MTD/CCC section.

Brad,

If you go to the Cub Cadet's website, they list the tires for the current GT3100 tractor as 23x9.5. They don't mention wheel size, but it is most likely 12". The wheels do look small in pictures, but I think that's because the tractors are fairly tall compared to IH Cubs.

Brad

My 3235 came standard with 24 x 10.50 x 12 rear tires.

hey who made the narrow deep v tires for the Original and 70/100 series?? and what size were they?

I recently saw a set of ags on evilpay that where foam filled has any one done this? and how is it done and does it hold up?

JEFF B. - Never been around foam-filled tires on a CC or ag tractor but it's pretty common to foam fill tires on fork lifts used in machine shops. As a normal rule those tires are REALLY hard stiff rubber, and the foam is pretty ridgid too. If the forklift is large enough capacity or over-loaded a lot the foam will break down and eventually crumble and find it's way out of the tire. BT-DT.

On something light like a CC I don't think that would be a problem. The tires would be "Flat-free", but when the tires wore out the tire & foam would have to be cut off the wheel. Plus without the air inside the tire to absorb shock and distribute the load I suspect the tires would wear much faster with foam. Plus the tractor would ride REALLY rough.

MATT S. - Not sure what your talking about by "Deep V" tires. Fronts? Rears? Anything I've seen on CC's were either turf tires (G-2), or "traction tires" that looked like snow tires for small cars. Also a few "Diamond tread" tires which are an R-3 in larger sizes, also refered to as "All Non-Skid" tires.

I don't think any lugged tires (G-1) were offered until the CCC/MTD days. Some new IH CC's may have been delivered with G-1 tires but suspect they were dealer installed, not factory installed.

Jeff B I would have liked to bid on those Firestones ,but I don't want to deal with Foam filled tires. Like Dennis said they are HARD riding with No give!

Ok, its been awhile since this thread has been brought up but lately several questions have been brought up about tires, sizes, styles and the like. I just wanted to give an update on my tire experience and with my families new tractor.

Now, down below is the post of my 122 shortly after putting on Tru Powers which are a very well built AMERICAN MADE Tire. Only one problem.....There flat tread face dropped the tractor down an inch and a half, roughly. Which is hardly even noticeable when plowing in your own furrow but not so good when your out with the gang, so to speak.

Our 782 came with DeeStones, which I think are only a two ply tire and have a much more crowned appearance with a less defined shoulder area. I really don't think there going to last nearly as long as the tru powers but I think the added ground clearance really helps out in some situations.

Here is a picture of our Deestones loaded with beet juice doing some testing. I have to admit that Im interested in testing some of the ATV tires just for hoots and hollers. What is a standard ply for ATV or does it vary? The tires that balloon a little more seem to offer middle ground between 26x12x12 and 23x10.5x12. I think maybe I'm getting a little picky here.
facepalm.gif

245580.jpg

Back