• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub Tires _ all Cub makes

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kweaver

displayname
KENtuckyKEN
Let's get a thread started for tires.
I'm aiming towards traction tires but turf and steering will work here too.
Let's do -
Pics
Sizes
Suppliers
Prices
Pro/Con

I like the looks of the ATV Swamp Fox but I'd like to check out these GYs too.
75738.gif

75739.gif

I've not looked for these yet in my 26x12x12 size (I'd prefer 26x14x12)

OK, I'm in with this. These are the TITAN 489's(?) on my 1600. LOVE 'em!! I'm not even running any weights.
75744.jpg

75745.jpg

DOH!! Those are Carlisle's. I beleive they are the 9-12's. TOOOOO damn cold to go out and check 'em right now.

Good topic Ken...I've been lookin at these Swampwitch tires on ebay. 26x12x12...$115pair and 25x10x12...$112pair
The reviews I've read on the ATV sites seem to look pretty good, no complaints with them.

75759.jpg

Brendan - My thinking is that on hard ground the Witch would tend to ride on the center section and maybe not sink in enough to bite as much as I'd like it to. It should ride smoother than the 23x10.5x12s that I have on my 127.
On softer ground those would be good and for yard work where you don't want it sinking in.
I want some bad azz tires on the back of my 18/2082 no matter how loud the ol lady yells
biggrin.gif

----- oh and I read one forsale ad on craigslist where a guy was "thinking" about selling his Witches and they had started tearing on the inside.

Ken, BB and all,
I think that the ATV tire are a better choice for Lawn and Garden tractors. They squat and flex better giving better traction.

These would work well for all around also
Nebraska Tire : $88 each, 26x12x12
75777.jpg

Tom , my thoughts exactly, I used to race hare scrambles and have seen 2WD atv's go unreal places with the right tires ;)

23 X 8 x 12 swamp fox on CC72.
75977.jpg

75978.jpg

24 X 9 x 12 swamp fox on MTD CC 3235
75979.jpg

75980.jpg

No need for chains in the winter.

7.60 x 15 American Farmer on a IH CC 127
75981.jpg

75982.jpg

Plenty of ground clearence

Well I just sprung for a pair of these on eekbay.
6-ply 26x12x12 Mud Gear
76492.gif

Now I need to look for front tires.

I like mine but I wish they had come with a little more tread depth. Way better than stock though, preaty easy on the grass too.

76668.jpg

Got my Mud Gears today
happy.gif

All I can say is WICKED !
79126.jpg

I need a set of those on my Toyota ;)

To bad I can't get to the cub right now to take off the wheels ... you should see my shop !!!!!!!!!
Trying to clean it and having to move everything is piling it up.

Brenden - Then get down here and dig out my Cub !
I guess I should have been out there working tonight but I was trying to nap so I'd be ready for the storms when they get here in the wee hours ... but I couldn't go to sleep.

Would if I could, hell I'd even mount um for ya I'm so bored. A few minuets too far away though. Storms....I'm ready to put my deck back on, no sense having a snow blade here in NY.

Do you need a special Valve stem to put water in the tires?

Ken... Post a pic when you get them on. They look good!

Back