• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub Cadet 60

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
William B: I have never seen one of those and probably wouldn't recognize one if I saw it....

It's listed and priced in IH PL 45. The stand is illustrated and parts shown & listed in Section A, page 32 of TC-120. Apparently you drained the oil & fuel (& removed the battery if so equipped), stood it up on its rear end and attached it to a 2x4 wall stud with the listed safety chain and eye-hook. I have never seen or heard of any any photo or instruction concerning the use of the stand. There should have been an Operator's manual for it, but there is no such in my library....

It would save a bit of floor space but I can't imagine anyone in his/her right mind doing that but someone at IH must have thought so.... Engineers can be a bit of a wonk sometimes...:)-}>..

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Thanks Myron!

Interesting! I totally missed that on Page 32. I didn't think that was the stand, but your explaination makes sense. I agree, I wouldn't have done that to save space either! And I'm an engineer!
happy.gif

Bill B.

Happy New Year!
I have just obtained a rare brochure of the Cadet 60 (coded AD-3695-W3 7-14 on back page) which features a blonde model sitting on the mower. Attached is a copy of the page (6 page brochure) which features the attachments. It depicts the storage stand in it as well. I believe the year of this publication is around 1970. For some unknown reason, the Title in my scan got jumbled. It was supposed to say: "SOME OTHER WORK-SAVING ATTACHMENTS".
183509.jpg

Bill, nice find! Any chance you could email me the scans of the entire document?
dunno.gif
Please?
bouncy.gif
TIA

IIRC I think that's about the same time frame that Snapper was selling the small single blade deck rider that stored vertically..somebody had to meet the competitor ...

Bill B, Kraig... I, too, would like to have hi-res versions of the entire Publication to go with the other Model 60 brochures, pamphlets, & such in my library...

Now that I've seen that "storage stand", I'm gonna have to root around the parts building some... who know what I didn't recognize before...

Myron B

Any chance you could email me the scans of the entire document? as well? I just bought a cub 55 any information would be helpful thanks larin

can some one tell me which cub came first 60 and what was the last rear engine IH built, before they sold out to CCC. I just bought a c 55 and trying to figure out were its fits in the rear engine family. thanks
Larin

Larin: IH made/sold RER Model numbers are as follows:

The Model 60 was produced from 1968-1971
The Model 55 was produced from 1972-1983
The Model 75 was produced 1972-1981
The Model 85 was produced 1975-1979
The Model 85S was produced 1975-1978
The Model 95 Electric was produced in 1974 & 1975

Beginning in 1982, CCC began producing RER's for Cub Cadet with different Model numbers, which were probably available through the IH Cub Cadet dealerships also.

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

I have a Model 55 manual. Too much for hi-res color scan, but I'll scan in B&W and place on this link.

Bill B.

Larin,

I got home and looked up the 55 manual I had. I forgot it is the one and only in my limited collection that is factory sealed (un-opened)and don't want to at this time.

Suggest that you may want to obtain the operator's manual from one of this site's sponsors, such as Binder Books.

As Myron has indicated to others in this this Lawn Tractor forum, one really needs three things if you are serious about your IH machine:

1) The Operator's manual
2) The Service manual
3) The TC-120 Parts manual

A must to have to operate and maintain the machine.

Enjoy!!

Bill B.

Bill B: Well, I finally did some rooting around in the parts building and guess what!! I, infact, do have one (only) of those storage stand kits... Whoooppeee!!

I'll now have to mount the bumper (required prerequisite for the stand) and install the stand on my Model 60... Don't hold your breath, but I will post some photo's after I get that done...

Myron B

Hi Bill...Here's a couple of photo's. the Stand and the IH blade for the Model 60. I probably already mentioned that I also have a No 3 Cart to go with it..
184254.jpg

184255.jpg

Myron B

Can someone with a Cadet 60 take a picture of the triangle sized sticker on the mower deck? On my 60 it's there but I can't tell what it is supposed to say or look like. I'm restoring it and I want to get that sticker made.

Latest posts

Back