• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub Cadet 60

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maple-Hunter

Internet search engines are an amazing thing.

Charlie,
poof.gif
if you must.
happy.gif

sorry.gif

I rode my Cadet 60 in the Chester (Connecticut) annual Winter Tractor Parade on Sunday, Feb 21. I've attended several such parades in other parts of the State, but I felt like a rock star as I passed literaly over 1,000 cheering spectators crowded into the small center of Chester, lined up on both sides of the overflowing street to watch over 50 pieces of beautiful machinery pass before them! Obviously, my Cadet 60 was the smallest of all in the parade, but sporting my red IH hat, I receieved lots of thumbs up all afternoon. As I have stated previously, if you have an IH machine in working order, you owe it to yourself to seek out and participate in such parades. It is a thrill beyond words to ride! Next year, I'm bringing a video camera to capture the overflowing crowd's reaction to the machinery being operated before them on the road!
Go IH !!

I am restoring a 1968 Cadet 60 and am wondering what correct yellow and white paint to use. Any help anyone?

Hi everyone! For those who are in the northeast, there is a tractor event at Zagray farms in Colchester, CT on Saturday, Oct 2, 2010 8a - 3p. There will be a tractor parade at 1pm and all machines, large & small welcome. I plan on riding and hopefully showing at that event. There is also a garden tractor pulling event at 11am, but strongly suspect that they are anything but stock ...
wanker.gif

PICTURE SWAP NEEDED:

I'm trying to put together a Cadet 60 I have here, but I can't seem to figure out the Rectifier-Plate. (#24 in this diagram)

222911.jpg

Here's what I've got... (It looks like the green wire is hooked up, but it is not.)

222912.jpg

Could somebody please post a picture of the rectifier from their running Cadet 60, so I can see; 1) Where the black and green wires should be hooked up, and 2) what exactly I'm missing from this rectifier.

Thanks!
thumbsup.gif

Art, I'm not sure about the wires till I look at a drawing, but at a minimum your missing the rectifier diode, kinda like a white fat fuse. The way the holders are spread you probabily had one going cross-wise in the top of the assembly. Kraig may have an old one in his 'junk box' you could use, otherwise we gotta search around for one. From what I can puzzle, that is the battery charging circuit, separate little pickup next to the main magneto.

Allen, umm, in a way, that is the one from my junk box. Art now has my Cadet 60 that was Charlie's Cadet 60.
dizzy.gif

Update:

OK, I found a wire-diagram in the "wiring diagrams" section of all places.

222941.jpg

After looking at that diagram, and studying the 40-year-old bends in these wires, I've come up with this. Correct???
<font size="-2">(Yes, I know I did a crappy job of just shoving the blue and green wire in there. The garage was dark, and my fingers were cold. I'll fix it once I confirm this is correct.)</font>
biggrin.gif

222942.jpg

Well, I can see this going full circle. Charlie-->Kraig-->Art---> back to Charlie as a swap for a PTO clutch or something!
err.gif

I guess the wiring is ok now<font size="-2">(kind of wondering what that bottom left black wire supposed to be hooked to finally. Half-wave bridge rectifier??)</font>...just need a diode(or 2). If Charlie doesnt have one Kraig or you or I can make one. A dead fuse with a plastic diode soldered across it.

OH NO!!!!
That little sucker ain't coming back to me! No way no how!
I stored that little bugger for 4 years or more and never did anything with it.
If Art has it now, it's staying with Art!
tongue.gif

Thank you Bill. I was hoping you would chime in since you have a VERY NICE example of a Cadet 60.

Can you confirm that there is only ONE rectifier used in this application, and also, does it matter which set of prongs that rectifier is placed in?

Thanks!

Art, I bet you are going to need both of those rectifiers for the charging circuit to work.

Kraig-
You're probably right. When I first looked it up, I thought the parts-lookup was suggesting only ONE was being used, but after looking at it again, it say "minimum quantity ordered = 1"

222972.jpg

Guys, my observation is, the right clip on the lower location looks like it was never used. Or maybe someone squished it a ways back. As mentioned it makes sense to have both positions filled. But what are we using for a ground return? The parts drawing kind of implies a wire coming out of the lower #17...is that it??
Stay tuned for further adventures of Arts' 60
popcorn1.gif

Back