• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub Cadet 60

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cut the carboard down and tape it against the coil, leave the coil loose enough so it moves but not floppy loose. Drop the flywheel on, and turn the flywheel wieghts past the coil and lift it staight up. Tighten the coil. Pray... I hate those engines.

"I hate those engines..."

Dave-
You've read my mind. Like I said before, if this thing doesn't run soon, it will be at the bottom of a cliff!

At this point I'm thinking Charlie called Kraig and said, "OK, I've had enough of Art...Let's give HIM the 60!!!"
headphones.gif

err.gif

Howdy everyone! Sorry but I've been away for awhile, but now back. If the issue is no spark, I'd try the following: Disconnect and tape all leads seperately on that diode panel. Then see if you have spark. One of the leads will be the center tap of the ignition coil that connects to the Ignition switch to kill the spark. If it gets spark with all wires disconnected, then either wrong wire connected to the MAG terminal or a defective key switch.

Bill Bertelli

I'm curious if anyone here has any experience using one of these for picking up leaves?

232344.jpg

I'm sure it's no Trac-Vac, but even if it picks up 'most' of the leaves, it beats raking!

<font size="-2">Not to mention, it makes leaf-time "her" job!</font>
1AA_dance2.gif

Art-

I don't have any experience with the 60 but it's a little like a snapper and I've had a few if them through the years. They were great at bagging what ever you happen to run over especially with the optional high lift wing kit for the blades. I think a lot of what you're asking has to do with the blade itself. I also wonder how long that clear section in the chute stays clear.

Wayne... That photo is not of a Model 60! Model 60's are yellow and have two foot pedals.

Wayne-

It doesn't stay clear...my Dad has what is probably the same design bagger on a 382...it works pretty good until the grass gets thick. The 782D+46GT+bagger does a much better job
happy.gif

Myron-
I kind of "tricked" Wayne by posting a pic of that set up here in the "Model 60" thread. Sorry Wayne...
happy.gif

Now that I look at the info I have, I don't even see a rear-bagger listed for a Model 60, so I guess some 'engineerin' would need to be done anyway.

Matt-
Yeah, I'd rather have something other than a Model 60 with a rear-bagger for leaf-duty, but I don't think my daughter would let me sell the 60 to buy a trac-vac.

Once I get everything cleaned up and put away around here for the winter, getting that little beast running will become "priority #1" this winter.

Art-

I actually thought you had a 60 you needed an engine part for a year or so ago but then I remembered Kraig has/had a 60 too. I'm not that familiar with the 60 or the 85 and I know Myron has about five of each model.

I was just comparing that style which is similar to the snapper and what I've seen them do with a bagger. My nephew just came across two snappers and a green one of the same style for the same reason...leaves. I told him he'd be selling the snapper once he became familiar with the clutch system. I never could get use to the friction disc and "jumpiness" of that clutching system but like I said, they will pick up and bag about anything you run over.

Wayne, the Cadet 60 that Art has is the one I used to have. I had too many projects and I figured Art could use a project so I gave him the Cadet 60 or traded something for it, I forget.
1a_scratchhead.gif
dunno.gif
Dang, I've been 50 for less than a week and already CRS has kicked in....
old.gif
facepalm.gif

Kraig-

So, was that the one you were to get from Charlie? I think they are neat little mowers but more of a novelty or collectable today. I bet IH sold a bunch of them. I'm guessing they were made for a broader market seeing how the tractors were a little on the expensive side at the time. And to think, the stuff they made affordable was still packed full of quality (and very little plastic),

BTW, crs is a progressive situation instilled by mere existence with excessive brain farts. And don't worry, it just gets worse.

Wayne, yes it's the one I got from Charlie. Here's a couple photos of it that I took the day Art picked it up.

232562.jpg

232563.jpg

Those are neat little mowers and I understand why there are collectors. I mentioned in my last post "very little plastic" not thinking about the body but isn't that fiberglass? Ya see...another brain fart.

And here's a pic of it when I found it in a barn in S.E. Illinois.
232569.jpg

The guy gave it to me, I gave it to Kraig and Kraig sold it to Art for $600.00.
biggrin.gif

Hey Art, you owe me $600 plus about a year's worth of interest.
Slant%20Tongue.gif

Kraig-
Keep wishing!! Heck, if I don't get the thing running this winter, I may stuff it in an envelope and send it back you ya.

RETURN TO SENDER, POSTAGE DUE!!!!!

whistling.gif

Charlie and Kraig-

Nice freebie!

Art...well, I want to see that envelope.

Latest posts

Back