• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub Cadet 60

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie, this is the orig text that went went with the reposted manual. Dodn't follow it all the way backwards, but seems it came from here, but got 'cleaned up' a bit.

By William Anders (Wanders) on Saturday, February 15, 2014 - 09:09 am:
Kraig and all,

In the spirit of sharing, I've cleaned up the manual that Kraig linked, and OCR'ed it. It is now searchable (crtl-F, or "find") and a little easier to read since the pages are better aligned. The link is below. Use the black "down arrow" on the page to download.

Regards,

Willie

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4Z6PbMOcEolRnBwUkFIbFdVOXc/edit?usp=sharing

This is for Aaron C., Model 60 Carb linkages. Best photo I have of an original Model 60 carb.

288582.jpg

Aaytay, on your transmission pulley, did it have any kind of screw on the pulley where it would have been locked on that way. I'm going to be taking my transmission off, but cant tell if thats there. Thanks

Austin, the Model 60 that I had, is the same one that Art had. Art has since sold it. Sorry. According to the SERVICE MANUAL there is a snap ring holding the drive pulley onto the transmission shaft.

Hi,
This is a somewhat dated thread, but it has some great information and a terrific picture of a Cadet 60 carb linkage. I picked up a Cadet 60 in June of 2016 with the carb and linkage in pieces in a box. I rebuilt the carb (it was 100% clogged with mud) and got the engine running, but found that I am missing a linkage wire that show up in the picture posted by Kraig in this thread.

Here is my question: Does anyone know the actual lengths of the the two linkage wires shown in this picture? If I can get the lengths, I can then either fabricate the one I need, or possibly find one on <font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font> of the right length that could be modified. I;m pretty sure I won't be able to find an original wire as they are NLA for a long time.

Looking forward to hearing some suggestions and hopefully some measurements!

Here's a pic of my Cadet 60 before I began working on it. I can add more if anyone has an interest. Thanks! Jim

309398.jpg

What engine did those have? It kind of looks like a Tecumseh to me.

Yep, you're right. The Cadet 60 was the first of these mowers and the only one that is CC Yellow and the only one powered by a 6 HP Tecumseh. Good catch, Earl!

More pics will come tomorrow when I'm at my other computer. I'll have to downsize the pics a bit to fit the forum rules.
destroy.gif

Ok, here are a few more pics of my Cadet 60. Most ofr the work is yet to be done (this winter), but the carb has a before and after shot...

Thanks for the interest, ya'll!

Jim

309423.jpg

309424.jpg

309425.jpg

Yeah, it was pretty much full of mud, probably from a mud dauber hornet nest. I got the mower from an estate sale. I believe the previous owner intended to restore it and had removed the carb, breather, etc. intending to do that, but then was unable to finish due to illness. I believe the mower sat in his shed for at least five years with no attention. It is actually in good shape, despite the appearance of the carb and the tires.

You did a great job cleaning up the carb!! I'm trying to look through my "parts" and see if I have any Tecumseh parts laying for reference. Not making any promises but I'll try.

Well, had some time today to work on the Cadet 60. I had earlier stripped the wheels and mounted new tires. I also had to buff down the axle as there was a groove worn in it because someone never replaced the bronze flange bearings on the front axle. Anyway, I got around to mounting them on the mower. Now I'm waiting for a new governor linkage wire to arrive - hopefully it will fit. the one in the parts catalog is NLA, so I'm having to "fit" a new one. Getting close to maybe taking this old mower out for a spin. Maybe a week or two - crossing my fingers.

309507.jpg

309508.jpg

309509.jpg

309510.jpg

Got the new governor link today, installed it, and fired it up! Still needs some carb adjustments and a new chain (old one ran for maybe 20 feet and then broke - VERY rusted out - imagine that...), but the dang thing RUNS! Now to work on the mower attachment, but that should be a piece of cake after the carb...

Grandkids are gonna love this one!

309615.jpg

309616.jpg

Thank you, Kraig!

Oh, for your information and use, and anyone else with one of these Cadets, the governor link, which is NLA, is perfectly replaced by Tecumseh Governor Linkage Part # 31360 TB/157

Back