• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub Cadet 60

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jthompson

displayname
Jim Thompson
I picked up a CC 60 today. I don't know if this even qualifies as a lawn tractor. More like a lawn cart. Anyway, it looks like a really fun little rig. Thinking I may fix it up for my little girls to play on- less the mower deck of course. Can anyone post some pics of ads, or anything that shows what a really nice one looked like? Also, does anyone know where I can buy parts, decals, etc? Thanks.

Jim - Kraig will have scans , I have some but computer they're on is kaput!

Believe it or not they had a snow thrower for those !!

Jim T: This what you are looking for?? I also have one just like it.

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom
82349.jpg

Jim T:

The first rule of the forum is to check with the suppliers shown in the pretty colored boxes at the top of the page. Buying from those who support the forum is just good sense. There are no "rip-off" artists listed there either...

Tony Gilleto at [email protected] also can likely get you some first quality decals at reasonable cost. I might even have a part or two also.

Some notes on the Model 60:

On Nov 10 1967, IH announced the Cadet Model 60 Rear Engine Riding (RER) Lawn Mower for the 1968 model year.

The Cadet Model 60 was the first of several RERs made by IH. It is also the only one to have that Tecumseh Engine. It is also the only one to have the reverse accomplished by use of a pulley on the camshaft. Its transmission does not have a reverse, where all later models have a reverse in the transmission and only one foot pedal. On the Model 60, one foot pedal is forward and the other is reverse. Take good care of that engine because I do not think Tecumseh suppports it with internal spare parts anymore.

The IH #3 trailer was designed and released for the Cadet Model 60 and used on all other RERs as well as the Lawn Tractors when IH added them to the lineup in the mid 70's. The Cadet Model 60 had several other pieces of optional equipment available. Already mentioned was the snow blower. I have the optional front blade (mostly intended for snow removal) for mine and a lawn sweeper was also available.

You might also note that if it wasn't a garden tractor it was NOT a CUB Cadet. It was just Cadet.

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Myron - Do you have a scan of the 60 with the sweeper on it ? That'd be interesting.

KENtucky, I'm guessing it's a tow behind sweeper....

Here's some specs from a brochure:

82358.jpg

Charlie has this one set aside for me I need to get down to his place soon and pick it up. IIRC all it's missing is the fuel tank.

82360.jpg

82361.jpg

The only thing missing on mine is the recoil starter for the engine. Other than some cracks in the fiberglass it's in pretty good shape as far as I can tell. I'm pretty good at fiberglass work (I've repaired a few boats) so that shouldn't be a problem.

Myron, I checked the "pretty colored boxes" prior to asking my question.

IH Cadet Model 60 at introduction of the IH Model
#1 Lawn Sweeper (1969).
82382.jpg

Add from National Geographic magazine.

82384.jpg

These are downright cute! They remind me of a go-kart!
buttrock.gif

Kraig...The fuel tank is built into the engine shroud and I can see the gas cap in that photo you posted. It may be missing something but probably not that...
bazooka.gif

Myron B

Charlie told me about that 60 when he got it but all I can remember him saying was something about putting off and sucker ...
biggrin.gif

Man I've got holes in my yard that'd swallow those wheels/tires. I'd need to put a winch on it to drag that heavy thing out ... LOL

They are cute little fellers though ;)

Myron, I suppose it's possible that the photos were taken before the fuel tank went missing.
dunno.gif
Have to wait for Charlie to get back from <strike>Plow</strike> Mud Day.

Myron, recent photos of the 60 that Charlie has for me. Looks like the tank is intact, I see a fuel line is disconnected. Charlie hasn't paid much attention to it in the last 2 years. I'll have to wait until I get it home to see what all is missing and or wrong with it.

82676.jpg

82677.jpg

82678.jpg

Kraig: That is what I saw in the earlier photo. Kinda looks like mine when I first got it. A fun little project when you get it home. A good bath and it will look lots better. I also had to have the seat recovered. Though mine now looks good, runs like a top, and cuts good, I have retired it to an occasional run around and show-off...Hmmmm flat tires on those things are a real pita...Keep us posted..

Myron B

A clean up is about all it'll get, as I have my 125 refurb/Killer Kohler project and my Original refurb that I need to finish. So many projects so little time and money. I might have to ask you some questions when I get it home.

Kraig: OK...Not sure I know it all but will try and help as much as I can...I have the manuals etc. When do you expect to get it home?

Myron

Not sure, kinda depends on when Charlie will be available for me to drive down for a visit and deliver the QA42A that I picked up for him over the winter.

Latest posts

Back