• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub Cadet 60

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aron welcome to the forum.while I havent worked on a cadet 60, the parts lookup has a pretty good view of this if you use the zoom in feature. Click on parts lookup above, Type in cadet 60 and go to illustrated parts list.

Luther..Aron asked about the control linkages, not the carb itself...

Aron, please look at the Service Manual, page 1-21, illustration 1-29 (Governor adjustment) and you will see a pretty good drawing showing the linkages.... good enough or not??

Myron B

Thanks Myron, I have already looked at that picture. I was wondering if someone could post a recent photograph specifically of the carb linkage.

Thanks, Aron

Hi! Here are some photos of my 1970 Cadet 60 Carb Linkage:

This is shown in wide open throttle position

168224.jpg

This one is closed throttle position

168225.jpg

168226.jpg

This is as seen when the Speed Control Assy is removed (shown with wide open throttle position)

168227.jpg

The linkage with the spring goes to the speed control plate assy, while the solid linkage goes from the govenor arm directly to the carb throttle as shown in the last picture.

Hope this helps!

Bill B. Cadet 60 expert wanna-be
happy.gif

Thank you very much, that's exactly what I needed.

Thanks again, Aron

HI! This is my first time using this site. I hope someone will be able to answer my question. I have purchesed a Cadet 60 mower serial no 20191N and am wondering what year it was manufctured. I am restoring it and everything is going quite well. I have been able to find the things I needed such as decals, bushings and such. Any help will be appriciated. Thanks....}

Wilbur,

According to my data, your S/N 20,191 N is a mid 1968 (S/Ns for 1968 run 7,501 - 35,125)

I do not know what the suffix letter stands for. I have a 1970 and my suffix is R (manual start). I also have a second machine S/N 21,884 N (electric start). If anyone on the forum has info for suffix, please chime in. I suspect it may be the Manual vs Electric start.

Where did you find decals for this fine little machine, as I am in need of the start key decal.

Also, the IHRegistry.com has some great data available in thier library.

Enjoy the machine!

William: Thank you so much for the info. It was very helpful.
I don't know what the suffix letter stands for either. The second cadet I bought has a s/n the ends with an R also, but there was no engine so I cannot determine what the R could represent.
}

William, Wilbur...Can't document but the letters as posted (as well as my own) match up to the IH Year of Manufacture code. N being the code for manufacture in 1967 (for sale in as a 68 year model) and R being the code for 1970 for sale as a 1970/71(?) year Model.
Could be...

Myron Bounds
CCSupply Room

Hi Again! I was wondering if that might be the case as that is the way IH designated the year on their tractor castings etc. Also the second chasis I purchased for parts has a s/n 49082R and that wouild also make it a 1970 model. Thanks guys. }

Getting ready to restore a CC 60. Any help on decals and parts? I emailed Maple-Hunter, waiting to here back. It's a recoil start model.
Thanks
Mike

Mike LaMar: I, too, have a Model 60 that I restored...... by the way it's a Cadet NOT a "CC"...

You'll need an IH TC-120, Parts Manual for IH Riding Lawn Mowers for that Model 60.

Not to mention the IH GSS 1389 Service Manual and IH Publication 1083 251 R1 Operator's Manual. Each manual has information the others do not! You need all three.

Ask by part number and I may have some parts for the rear engine riders in stock NOS or used (good condition). Other Sponsor may likely also have parts, so check us all...

PS: a good automotive upholstery restorer can re do that seat...it's what I had to do...

Myron B
CSupplyRoom

Howdy everyone! Just wanted to report that I attended my first Tractor/Mower parade on Labor Day. It was in Suffield, CT and featured everything from Farm Tractors to riding Lawn tractors and Riding Mowers. We started up our articles and formed a parade at a walking pace, with the bigger rigs first ending up with walkers and toy tractors and toy push mowers ending. I was the last powered machine, as I was the smallest of the powered devices. It was fun! Attached is a pic of what I was riding, along with a closeup of my ride. Also had a static display after the parade, and was parked next to a nest of nicely restored Wheel Horse machines. I encourage all to find a parade in your area where you can proudly ride and display your machine!

170040.jpg

170041.jpg

170042.jpg

Hi Everyone! New aquisition. IH #3 Trailer. I drove out from Clinton, CT to Clinton, OH to buy it. (Thanks Mike!) Will proudly pull it in the Winter Parade in Chester, CT in February, 2010.

Bill B.

180518.jpg

I have a question for the forum. On the Cadet 60 transmission, there is a Patent Number D208,203 stamped on top of the housing. When I look that up, it comes back as a design patent on a lamp fixture. Can anyone shed any light on this or knows who would have some knowledge on this? Thanks!

Bill B.

180632.jpg

OK, for some this may be hard to take ... when someone take a perfectly good IH accessory and ruins it, even if it is temporary and non-destructive. But here in New England, one must do what one must and the good 'ole #3 cart was just a tad too small for leaf collection and haul from yard to pile, so with a 4' X 8' sheet of 1/4" plywood, a cardboard box piece, and some brass screws and duct tape, we got the job done without undue harm or stress to the machinery or pride!

Bill B

180890.jpg

180891.jpg

180892.jpg

William, no idea on the patent. Yep sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do and you have a LOT of leaves there to haul. Clever.
happy.gif

I came across some information that IH offered a "Storage Stand" for the Cadet 60 (listed for $9.00 back in 1968). Anyone have any idea what that was and did they actually sell any?

Bill B.

Back