• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Crop Prices 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbaker

displayname
jeff l baker
Just bought 40 small kicker bales for 5 bucks a bale weighing between 25 to 35 pounds.

This is 5th cut alfalfa and there is not much more available locally,( this was 2 1/2 miles away) Unless I want to pay 8 bucks for a 35 to 40 pound and have to travel some.

I do not think i will get much when I cut my 2 acre clover hay field in two weeks.

246679.jpg

246680.jpg

246681.jpg

Wow, 25-35 pounds from a thrower baler? I'd be going back to that guy and asking for some money back.

We grow around 250 acres of hay here in Eastern IA. The MOST we have charged this year is $5 a bale, no matter if it was alfalfa, mix, or grass. Being around hay production all my life, I'd be pissed if I got charged that much for that light of bale (or if we charged that much for a light bale!)

I hear you on the price Ryan but here in No. Ill thats what is going for and thats if you can find it, I know it cheaper if I drive but with fuel prices you have to weight the options. exspecily in small quanities.

I just checked and found this hay for sale.. cheapest 7.00 small square 45 ponder, the same for 8.00 and then some moldy smalls for 6.00 and small bales of cornstalks 4.25 and out of theses the nearest is 30 miles away

Back