• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Buck Creek Plow Day

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joshua S and Jeff B -- Excellent pics and video of Buck Creek...Thanks for sharing!

I had hoped to take some afternoon still plow pics but the drizzle prevented this. We did get some morning iphone video but much of it didn't turn out well for a variety of reasons. This one (of my stepdad, Willard Larsen, on my 73) was probably our best:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qk8U6MgiT78

Next time I’ll try holding my iphone sideways!

Mike, Josh --great videos! Rick was really moving out on that first cut. Caleb is likely a plow fan for life. It sure looked like a lot of dirt (earth?, soil?) to me. The Case certainly stood tall. I just wish I could have been there to try my hand at it, although I would probably have started out in first gear until I got the hang of it.
smile.gif

Buck Creek is now the third most posted plowday thread

I really liked the notched coulter Rob Dehli had at Buck Creek...didn't get a pic but I'm planning to order one of those sometime! I understand they tend to cut through better than the standard circular coulters.

Jeremiah--Caleb is really getting into the plowing! He told me yesterday that he really enjoyed going to the plow day especially because of all the neat people he met. He enjoyed the tractors and plowing too. I really wished you lived closer so that you could take part in one of these days and so we could meet you in person. I know you'd enjoy plowing!

Steve--I was thinking the same thing with the serrated coulter. It seems to be worth the investment but I'd love to have someone like Steve Bluiner weigh in on this. He has done a lot of plowing and he could say if it is actually worth it.

Jeff--I have some more pics and videos that I'll upload soon which will keep the posts coming, I think!

My favorite picture from Buck Creek taken Corey M's wife Tammy.
Old meets......older.
That's David Schwandt, Corey Melchert, Random Amish, and Gary Lang on the Bolens.

264182.jpg

Sorry ment to get this up earlier but I've been fighting with sizing pictures that I did not take.
IrfanView has a Plug-in called RIOT that I downloaded that makes file resizing for the web soooo easy. It's a great add-on.

WOW! Sure looks like you all had a GREAT time. Makes me wish I was there. Thanks for the videos and pics.

Rick--it was really cool to see those old Bolens tractors of Gary's. I especially enjoyed that old 7hp dude! He was just plodding along. In that pic, he looks like he is going to tip into the furrow! 52 years old and still going strong--the tractor that is!!!

Guys--here's another video from the plow day. It has a great shot of Mike Frade's AC 720. That thing is beastly!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nwodmPk8zRk

That was a fun day for sure!

Josh,

Nice video of the action. Glad to see someone took the time to take pictures. I kept putting it off and then it was raining and time to load up.

Was nice meeting and Mike. Hope to see you again at some future PD's.

Sorry Mike H and Mike F for the confusion!!!
fan.gif
bash.gif
pcwhack.gif

Thank you Kraig for setting me straight!

Mike H--I sure enjoyed getting to meet you and seeing that beast of a tractor at work! I know that I haven't attended my last plow day. Hopefully our paths will cross out on the trail again sometime...

Rick,
Alot of inquiring minds wanna know..........
Is Buck Creek gonna have a year two??
Haven't heard anything and we are all curious.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Josh,
The Buck Creek gang tossed around the idea and we were leaning at BCII.
BUT...we have decided to road trip to other plow days this year, so no "official" BC event this year.
However.....there may be an informal chance at plowing there minus all the fixings.
Cory and I are all for it, I will post as I know more.

I'm bummed about that! My son Caleb still talks with enthusiasm about his first ever plow day! Hope to see you guys again at one of the other plow days. Maybe there will be a BCII next year?!?!

Rick,
Another Josh is bummed to hear it as well.
bash.gif

Hope for an "official" BC2 as well next year. Maybe I'll see ya at Roanoke in October.

Notched rolling cutter from last page:

150% worth it!!!!! I was one of the very first to run one about 7 years ago and the difference is amazing...cuts through trash like a buzz saw, especially if you modify the bracket for more clearance.

Plasma cutter and a flap wheel. I have a 2 piece template you can print and use as a guide if you'd like......

290060.jpg

Latest posts

Back