• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 28, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RYAN - I hope You still have threads in those front holes.....I had to heli-coil the mounting holes in a cast alum. oil pan in a Cubbie I had years ago....

What are the correct paint numbers for a wide frame (86-169). Thanks
ihrotate.gif

Ed H,
Check #39 on the FAQ link. Best place to get HyTran is your nearest Case-IH dealer (CC dealers have it too but it will cost more). Takes 7 quarts so I would get 2 gallons to have some in reserve. Unless the previous owner changed it recently that you know of, it would be good to change it. Get a new gasket for the back cover plate while at your Case-IH or CC dealer as well. The hydraulic oil filter on the front of the hydro pump should be replaced at the same time as well. Hopes this helps.

Glen,

I believe it is technically possible to make a K321 a K341. Boring the cylinder to 3.75" dia,k341 piston and rings. BUT this will make the cylinder wall very thin. Also there will be balance issues. I WOULD NOT DO IT! Yes I'm yelling. If the cylinder needs boring, do only enough to eliminate out of round, scratches, ridge at top, etc}. Looking for more HP go here http://members.aol.com/pullingtractor/tips.htm

OKAY.... A 124, did these machines ever have any type of seat springs or anything? The seat pivots up/down and rides on the steel rails it sits on and kills your back? If this is the way they came through than I'm thinking of modifying this setup somehow before my back gives out.

Any ides?

Paul P., that is the stock setup. You could modify it with the next series (1x6/7) seat setup which had a couple of "C" springs.

41401.jpg

Does anybody know of any safe/cost effective ways to make a K301/321 inti a 341???
beer2.gif

Glen, find someone that wants to turn a K341 into a K301/321 and do a swap.
dunno.gif

A good day!Scraped the excessive amount of carbon from the 128 head,adjusted the valves,reassembled,and it fired right up!MMO from this day forward.Now to the 1650;started leaking Hy-Tran after a day of heavy use.After shut down,heard a "bubbling" sound coming from the hydro.Had a static leak for 2 days,now nothing.Took a good look today and the only hint of fluid loss was at the tow release valve.Is this a pressure relief valve if the hydro overheats?
screwloose.gif

gentlemen! i need to talk to somebody that knows all about cub cadet's. am i in the right place? just bought a model 1000 and the mower deck is too wide to fit through the door on my shed. the door is 48" wide. how common are the smaller decks for a wide frame tractor? will the deck from a narrow frame fit my carriage assy.? i'm really impressed with this model. i've had countless jd's and the red ones, but this is my first cubby and i'm just not real familiar with them. thanks in advance for your help.

O.K. Would I Be able to take the cylinder (block?)and head off of a K341 and bolt them to my 321/301, and change out seals, bearings,crankshaft,rod,piston, etc. and turn my 149 into the 169 it wants to be?
screwloose.gif

What do you all recommend for the type of bar tires for a wideframe workhorse (in this case a wall used and loved 149), you know for mowing, plowing, and overall fun? I hear that the Carlisle TruPower At tires get the job done for most plowdayers, and I think that they look good, and shouldn't eat your yard up too bad...

Uhm Charlie, Kraig does like them bars that my wife bakes. Maybe I need to strike a deal with him so that I don't get a crumb shower. LOL

BTW Hugh!
Your poor ole dad out there mowin with his crapsman is a sad sight! Your slackin on your mowing duties ain't ya!

Bobby B:

Now to the 1650;started leaking Hy-Tran after a day of heavy use. After shut down,heard a "bubbling" sound coming from the hydro. Had a static leak for 2 days,now nothing. Took a good look today and the only hint of fluid loss was at the tow release valve. Is this a pressure relief valve if the hydro overheats

Sounds like the Hy-Tran got pretty darn hot. In answer to your question...NO...there are no pressure release valves to open and release on pressure build up. There is a Brass Mesh Breather Plug on top of the transmission, that allows the transmission to breath. That could be painted over or clogged with dirt.

I would suggest that you check to see why your oil got that hot. Is the Hydro fan intact, correctly installed, and blowing air accross the hydro unit...??? Is the hydro unit clean and free from dirt buildup. May I also suggest changing the HyTran and Filter.

Latest posts

Back