• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 28, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Roland; thanks for the input.Will follow your advice and try again!In case of an overtemp,is there anything special i should look for?BTW,have a service manual on the way.Thanks again! Bob B.
beerchug.gif

Bobby B:

If the Oil in the Transmission is old and loaded with gunk, that will put a strain on the system. Replacing the oil with HyTran, cleaning up the rear end, and a new filter will allow the transmission to operate as it should. Check the FAQ section - item #26 for further details.

thumbsup.gif

WEll, theres a 44a mower deck for sale near my house and does anyone know if this would fit my 128 and are spindles expensive?

For any engine builder out there.
The connecting rod broke in the 107 I just picked up. It was running good until I changed the oil. Then it started knocking badly and died before I could shut it down. The number on the broke rod is different that the ones listed for the k241. The rod I have is a 47 059 05. am I also correct that bearings are not used on this rod? I can find no evidence of any rod berings in the engine at all. Maybe why it was knocking and finally broke. The piston is marked with a .003 so I can assume this engine has been rebuilt before?

Jeff B: Yes a 44A deck can be used under your 128, however you will need the correct mule drive for use with an 'A' series deck. The pullies will be angled to direct the drive belt to the center pulley on the deck, which is off center-to the left, of the tractors frame. Complete/New, spindles for the A decks are $100 + at Cub Cadet dealers....it's up to you if that is expensive or not
smile.gif

Ed H: If the piston has .030 stamped on the top, it indicates that the piston is .030" larger than standard bore....common terminology is a '30 over' piston. Your 107's engine block has been bored out (at least 1 time, if not more)

Wild Bill. The piston is stamped .003 not .030 Although, I cannot believe that it was just bored 3 thousandths. I have not heard of that little of an increase. I need a rod now and it looks like there is no bearing used either. Is there after market rod available for this engine?

Ed H:

Here is a Parts Listing for the K-241. You can see all the sizes available.

41407.jpg

Be sure to check your Spec Number to see if these part numbers apply.

Is the number 47 059 05 an old number for a connecting rod? may be it was rebuilt with the wrong rod and the rod failed. You are saying I should order pn 47 067 03 or 04 depending on the rod journel size instead of the pn# on the broken rod?

Ed H:

The numbers embossed on the connecting rod may be "production numbers" that have only relevance to the Kohler Engineers. When ordering replacement parts, order the part(s) that are listed in the Parts Manual for your Model and Spec number.

gotcha! thanks. I will measure the rod journal and see if it is under size the order the correct 47 067-03 or 04. There are no rod bearings for this engine is there?

Latest posts

Back