• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 26, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Allen S.
With the nice weather, everyone is outside gettin stuff done before the COLD hits next week.
At least up here anyway.
clappy.gif

Looking for someone who has made their own front mount dethatcher (don't want to reinvent the wheel)...pictures please!

RICHARD J. - Ha-Ha! I made a frt mount dethatcher about 12-13 yrs ago. Sorry, No pic's available. It didn't last that long! While trimming & mowing around my biggest Maple tree it caught on an exposed root and I stopped JUST as it was about ready to enter my mower deck having lifted the whole frt of my CC off the ground as I drove ahead with the dethatcher pivoting UNDER the CC.

Suggestion - Make it l-o-n-g. It should extend at least two feet ahead of the pivot points, I used the frt pivots for the horizontal bars on my CC's mule drive assembly, they'e a sturdy 1/2" diameter rod. You'll also need some sort of castering gauge wheel just ahead of the bars with the dethatcher fingers on them. I bought hay rake teeth at my local Farm & Fleet for a New Holland hay baler, think they were about $2 each and have two teeth each. And they slide nicely over 1" galvanized pipe. A 1/4" x 1-1/2" cap screw & nut secure each tooth to the bar so they can swing freely. And a sturdy 3/8" dia. U-Bolt clamps the pipes to the frame very nicely, I got a couple u-bolts from my local Case/IH dealer. I forget how I had the lift mechanism rigged to raise the dethatcher when I raised the mower, think it was just a long cable attached to the lift handle extending down to the dethatcher frame.

I took my frt mount dethatcher and redesigned it & widened it to attach to the Cat O 3-pt on my 982 CC, works great on there. Only problem is My lawn vacuum goes on my CC #72 so I can't mow, dethatch, & vacuum all at the same time now. Ahhh More seat time!

I hear you Charlie, trying to get my yard work done as the Weather man says we may drop below triple digits by next week. Time to be looking for the long johns.

LOL you all taking like that . cold is a few weeks away. we had 80 deg temps here today and I did get the tin on the new Cub storage shed. Next a door and a window and some typar till spring. Then siding.I have not enuf time to finish it now. I never left home today and was suppose to send a letter and did not get that done.I will get it all done soon .
bash.gif
bash.gif
old.gif

Dennis, I didn't miss your primer on cast iron welding a few pages back but my repair will be cosmetic.

Looking good Scott! My 149 is moving along also.

Thanks Donald T. I hear ya' on getting silly things done like mail. Grin.

Hey guys long time no post. Working 50+ hours a week does that. Does anybody have experiance with Tucker Tire on ebay? I'm looking at the ag style tires they have for $102 a pair plus shipping. What brand of tires are these? They don't have it listed. Good tires?

RICHARD T. - Whether it's cosmetic or not, welding CI if not done properly could make the part, in this case your frt axle, weaker.

I'd at least pre-heat the axle where your going to weld, then peen as it cools, maybe even hit it with some more heat to slow the rate it cools at. There is such a thing as "Chilled Iron" which is about what it sounds like, iron castings that have been cooled from molten metal to room temp quickly. It's as hard as GLASS, and about as brittle.

Richard C.
Glad to see ya back!!!!!

We've already had 2 frost and they are calling for a state wide frost Monday, LOL

I fired the wood boiler last week just to keep the Cubs warm.
buttrock.gif

Back