• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 26, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys spell like Dan Quail
Raining here today,looks like no paint will be flying...
Got this done in the last week or so..
213790.jpg

213791.jpg

Some of you have heard my 44A deck woes from my 1450. Im considering abandoning the repair option and am looking at replacement options. Will a 44C deck from a 682 or 782 work on my 1450? They look like they have a very similar design.

Thanks
Chad

Lewis, looking good!

Chad, the 44C has a 5/8" drive pulley to fit the larger 5/8" PTO on the 682, 782 and other 82 Series Cub Cadets. The 1450 used a 3/8" PTO. Soooo, you could swap the drive pulley from the 44A deck to the 44C deck, thus converting 44C deck into a 44A deck. Make sense?
dizzy.gif

LEWIS - Dan & I flunked out of the same college!

Just kidding actually, I got over a 3.0 on a 4 pt scale in my major and a 2.75 overall. I have NO idea where he went to school.

Back on topic, what kind of paint are you using? IH/CCC or other? Looks like it's got a lot of shine.

Was just given a cub 100 but unable to find the serial number, where is the best place to look.

Very nice Lewis!! Looking good.

I got some things done on the 149 (now Wife's tractor called Hannibal) today. Working the the engine over getting ready for primer.

213796.jpg

The 149 frame is getting ready for prep. and paint

213797.jpg

The finished or primed shelf,,,,,,,,,

213798.jpg

Kraig,

I think I follow what you are saying. Actually, I have a new drive pulley I ordered for the deck of mine that I am going to abandon. The dimension you are describing I believe is the actual thickness of the belt surface, correct? Meaning the 5/8 pulley accomodates a larger belt coming off of the PTO. Will part # 59703-C2 (drive pulley off of 44A) mount in place of the drive pulley without any modifications? It seems that the bearing shafts are the same. Is it really a bolt on mod?

Chad

Kraig, pls tell Charlie to put a new battery in the system clock. When the sun goes in I cant read my sun-dial and depend on the Forum time to pace my day!
uhoh.gif

Richard Tunison
Looking good, makes me want to go out a blow some paint also. I have an Original that needs attention and a 450 blower that will need paint soon. Charlie will have some parts for me soon for the blower. A call to him is productive but long lol.Thanks to all who make this site the best for all my Cub Cadet needs. Thanks again all.
old.gif

greenthumb.gif

Thanks,
The paint is Martin Senour crossfire single stage.
Sanded the primer real smooth,makes a big difference on the finish coat.If it comes out looking like an orange peel finish you not using enough air.So i was told...Good thing I don't do this for a living.
Richard T,
Looks very organized in your shop!!

No posts in three hours... I'll help.

I'm thinking of making a straight pipe for my cub, just for grins and giggles. I want to make it so as to remain in the stock location just no can. Shouldn't be too hard to make the end look like a stock muffler with a little work at the anvil. Might even cut the hanger off of an old muffler to keep it looking close to normal. I wonder if there are any noticable performance gains. Time to dig through the archives!!

Brian Branstetter
LOL If you don`t mind a little louder tone lol. I have a stack on my 149 and love to hear it bark when I`am pushing a load of snow . But then I love diesel trucks with 4" duals exhaust also
clappy.gif
old.gif

Ya, a little louder. I wear ear plugs even with the stock muffer.
Shift.gif

Just need a little project before Plow Day to get things going. Plow is shined up, oil changed and clutch upgraded for Illinois soil. Even lined up some practice ground at a buddies house to do some testing on some plow improvments I made a few years ago. Might be able to test this weekend. I just can't wait!!
drool.gif

Thanks fer thu pictures terry!! Must've been nice... I had to move couches all day...
bash.gif
Oh well. They have a tractor show at hwy 30 and 141 every year round holloween. Bet I dont miss that one!!
buttrock.gif

coffee.gif

Cub progress...
Axle on and threw the tires on real quick, gotta get some 7/16-24 bolts to do a stud conversion, so the wheels can be spaced out a half inch or so for clearance..
213817.jpg

The rims need a fresh coat of white on them. They were painted years ago and are a little beat up...

BRIAN B.- Maybe if we're REAL nice Kraig can repost the pic's of the straight pipe I made for my K321 in my CC#72. I started with a home-made exh. port flange made from 1/4" thk steel and a 1-1/2" "J" bend from Summit Racing. I cut just a bit off the short end of the J bend and crimped & flared it to fit into my flange. Little MIG welding inside & out, couple socket head capscrews, think they're 5/16" NC by "Short" to bolt the flange to the block, little die grinder work to blend & smooth the welds and it was DONE. Don't know about any performance gains but the engine does sound surprising like a Harley. And I can blow papers off my work bench from ten feet away just by blipping the throttle.

Ear muffs/headphones are recommended for any long term operation. But with the slightly longer outlet above the S/G driven pulley it really isn't as loud as one would think. I can still easily hear my AM/FM/Cass deck when running the tractor.

Back