• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 24, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frank A. Currier, i gotta say, It actually kinda does
lol.gif

Scott S, Great looking tactor. I am trading a #2 tiller for a CC 123 and a snowblower. The owner of the tractor said he would <font size="+1">Bring the tractor to my house AND pick up the tiller no charge to me</font>, so basically it will be dropped off at my doorstep. I cant Wait!

Mike Fade, I put ag tires on my CC 124 last winter and they worked great for snowplowing and snowblowing. I recently bought a pair of tri-ribs very reasonable and i will soon be receiving my narrow rims. I dont know how well they will work, but i have heard they work good. I would definately recommend the Ag style front tires for winter use.

Thanks for all your opinions.. and we all know what that means right? Of Course, when you're paying the bills you can run'em any way you like! Denny, if you'd like to buy me a set of tri-ribs, I'll be glad to test'em out. I think running 'em backwards looks dumb, but that's just my opinion. :cool:

Dennis, thats as good a reason as any,
Mike, yep.
Richard, only when your backing up.
happy.gif

Dennis Frisk,
"Self cleaning" was a poor choice of words for the spinning motion of the wheel and the effects of gravity. How much dirt/mud=earth spins off of a tractors bar tires? All of it. With the bars on backwards the spinning of the wheel and gravity force/keep the earth in place at the rear.

Dennis I respect your accumulated knowledge. I really do. But have you ever ran bar tread backwards in all those hours on a tractor? As for bars on the front of a non 4x4 looking stupid... well then there are thousands of stupid looking tractors out there and a few cubs too. I personally think lines in the lawn from turf tires look stupid and run bars so as to not have a stupid looking lawn.

Posted this in Lawn tractors, Sorry.
I have a 106. Got off to pick up some sticks, went back, turned the key and nothing. Nada. No sounds, no clicking, nothing.Even the amp meter did nothing. I have no idea what this happened. I put in a new ignition switch with the same result. Put a jumper on the battery-nothing. Cleaned the grounds, neutral safety connection to no avail. Turned over when I jumped the solenoid, but would not start and then even that stopped working. I probable ruined it. I'm fairly stupid.
Regards,
Mike

Josh I picked that up, a push blade and a 42" deck for a $100. I didnt think it was in too bad of shape. It's in a ton better shape than the 104 I've been working on was in when I brought it home. I know I had posted pics of that back in late Feb. or early March. I have to compile all the pics of the project and show the begining and the end results when I get it done, then on to the 123. That will be easier because ALL of it is there! Still debating on the 106, that just needs paint and some of that has been done already. If I dont sell the 1650, that too will get redone as well!

Mike Brennan, did you check your voltage regulator?

Some pictures from this weekend's Cubarama.

Let's try it again.

169898.jpg

I would have taken more, but I forgot that my daughter borrowed my memory stick from my camera.

Yikes, I guess this site has a 100 kb limit, not the usual 150.

Mike B:
You say you jumped the solenoid and it worked..
1-If you're getting voltage to the small terminal when you hit start, and you jumped the two large cable together and it worked, suspect the solenoid..
2-If you jumped from the battery side large cable to the small terminal and it worked, backtrack the wiring from that point back to the ignition switch. Also, make sure the new switch is the same as the old.. AFAICR, not all switches have the terminals arranged the same.. If you've got a 12 volt test light, it makes this stuff pretty easy to troubleshoot..
BTW - not dumb, just gaining experience to talk about 'round the water cooler...
thumbsup_old.gif

On the tires on the front axle - I like 'em round.. If I had my choice for winter tires, it'd be neither ribbed or lugged , I want studded, like the snow tires we used to get ..(hmmm that sounds like an add for Tro....never mind)

Richard,

Respectfully speaking, and in Denny's defense, there are not 1,000's of working tractors out there with ag tires on non driven wheels. There are lots of FWA (front wheel assist) tractors out there with driven front wheels that wear ags up front, but otherwise, there are much better steering tires than ags for "big tractor" applications (read multi ribbed steering tires) and therefore ags are not the front tire of choice amongst big tractor users (farmers, landscapers, etc.) and are avoided.

Ag tires are occasionally run on implements (sprayers, grain carts, honey wagons, etc.) with non-driven axles, but this is usually due to tire size needs (ags only made in those sizes) and in these applications +90% of the time ther are run backwards.

You can run whatever you want on your tractor, and I do agree that ags probably offer better traction than the 6 rib "bald-eagles" that came on our beloved Cubs......Personally, I prefer not to have ags on front unless they are needed.....in my mind it's a "show, no go" type thing, BUT my preferences are based on a life spent around big farm tractors where the multi-rib steering tire if preferred for non driven axles. But in the end, it's your machine and if you like it with ags up front...Go For It!

Back