• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 24, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgerecke

displayname
Mark Gerecke
PaulF-
Thank you for the write up on the PTO removal and the PTO basket removal. That is exactly what I needed. Tonight I had another wrestling match with the basket and so far it has won!
I have seen holes drilled in pulleys like this before, but it never dawned on me to drill my own holes. Has others used this method with success?

Thanks,
Mark

I have a CC 1650. When I step on the brake, the transmission goes into neutral as it should, but the forward\reverse lever does not return all the way to the neutral notch. Is there a way to adjust this?

Also, when I start the tractor, the charge indicator goes to the charge level, but after a while it will drop back to the 0. It does not go into the discharge area, is this normal?

Todd H,
Optical illusion on the lift handles. The red one is slightly bent from lifting something heavy with it though.

Brendan B.,
One more question on the cc wheel weights. The pictures are great to view however, is their any identification of what make of tractor they are for?
TIA

Todd O,
With the charge that is normal, that means you have the battery back up to 12-13 volts and are not using power. It should go to charge if you turn on the mower clutch, to make up for that lost power.

I tried to resize some pics of the 123. I have been having problems posting them so I will try to put some up. I got a new computer and I am not used to the photo editing program, but I will keep on trying!

Thomas...If you hover your cursor over each pic it may show in a little box. I use Fire Fox so it doesn't work for me but IE does.

Scott Stanton (Sstanton) if you have XP? you can down load under power toys on there web site the image resizer no charge. Just my .02 later Don T

Scott S,here is a link to the image resizer I use...
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/Downloads/powertoys/Xppowertoys.mspx

Scroll down on the right side of the page until you find the words "<font color="0000ff">ImageResizer.exe</font>" In blue lettering as shown. download it to your computer. Then just take the pics from your camera and resize them and upload them to the site.I hope this helps
beerchug.gif

Ryan D. Mull, Those pics are from my CC 100 and it has the original button style muffler on it.

Todd H.,
Regarding your 'dual tube' 147 engine and its balance gears: When you said, "...how loose on the shaft the bottom gear was."
Did you mean from clearances from side-to-side or that the shaft OD and the gear ID was sloppy?

Either way, sounds like you caught it just in time!
icon_eek.gif

Keep us posted as to the procedure you use to get the gears off. Thanks!
thumbsup.gif

Good Luck!
Ryan Wilke
beerchug.gif

My cub serial # is 608738. Just got it tuned up and was running great. Now the electric PTO switch will not turn on the mower deck, but the safety part of the switch does keep the started from working if turned on? Looking for trouble shooting help.

Jesse and Richard,

Thanks for the quick responses, I really appreciate them. I inheirited this cub cadet when my wife's grandfather passed away, and I love it.

adding to my other post, my tractor is model 1250. I have got the wiring diagram, and nothing in the frequently asked questions gets me closer to solving the problem. I will keep trouble shooting this weekend.

Brian, Can you hear a click from the clutch with the engine off and ignition on? Do you have 12 volts to the wire that feeds the clutch itself? If you don't have a voltmeter you could just run a jumper wire from the battery to the conector that feeds the clutch for a short time to test all the safty switches at once.

well i thought I might get inclosed Cub hauler. there is a 2007 cargomate for sale here local.12'x 6' and the price is $2500.00 . lol . I thought that was a bit high with the damage so I offered $800.00 and well picture tell why. do you think that my offer was low? later Don T
169845.jpg

Well, the trailer is relatively new, but with the big hit it took the value is down in my eyes. Does the left door even open? It took quite a hit and has plenty of structural damage, not just cosmetic. If the skin was the only damage, then it's worth more.

Dave Ross thank you for the test info I will try it later today. With the engine off but key on there is no click. Using 12 volt system.

Back