• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 17, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Richard, are you saying that to remove a mechanical PTO you remove the bolts holding the engine in and replace the entire engine/PTO/SG assembly?
dunno.gif
bottom.gif

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

How exactly do you explain to the officer why it is that you are dragging a 70 lb. engine bouncing around behind your truck??<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Engine??? What the heck, when I left home, there was a tractor back there. Now you're telling me it's just an engine!?!?!?!?

Kraig, I don't do narrow frames, I tolerate wide frames, I like Quietlines, I love 82 series.

Lip, looks like a happy kid! May as well get him a RED sweat shirt while you're shopping for the Cub.
happy.gif

Richard, more narrow frames for me that way.
thumbsup.gif

RICHARD C. - I'm like Kraig - I like those old NF's. They may not be as easy to work on some things as a WF but You VERY seldom ever need to work on them anyhow. I did like My 129, and really like My 982. but don't think I'd ever buy a Q/L.

Never having had to work on the elec. PTO clutch on the 982, YET, It sounds like the pulley is attached to the crankshaft but the clutch isn't? I just re-read Todd Marckel's article in RPM yesterday, never had any problems with the 982's clutch but I just don't like that sudden jolt when You flip that switch even at low RPM.

Anyone switch the original tires for tubless ones on the stock CC front rims.

My 102's front tires just finaly died, and I wanna put tubless ones on there...

Dennis - Mac told me to always engage the 2166 PTO belt @ WOT to keep it from flipping off. Can't say as I like the sudden contact either though.

Trevor - Go for it ! Just be sure your wheels are straight and clean.

Added some parts on my Cub 100 Restoration. I get a little carried away with my CNC Plasma.
65154.jpg
65155.jpg

Back