• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 23, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a photo of the later style 48" deck, (deck in the foreground) just in case. (I'm thinking that the brochure photos might be of prototype decks as the shrouds don't quite match the parts diagram.....
dunno.gif
)

65527.jpg

Kraig,
Thanks for the photos. What do you mean by "pin-on"?
And I think you hit it spot on - the photo of the largest deck (foreground) match better to the shrouds mine had than the brochure photos.

peter

Peter, "pin-on" as opposed to the later QA or Quick Attach style. With the "pin-on" style one had to insert pins and secure with hairpin clips. With the QA style there are spring loaded "captive" pins. Note items #10 in the photo below.

65529.jpg

Kraig,
Yup - I have a pin on. Not much fun to install. I do see there are washers on each pin. Had no idea. Guess my dad musta chucked those things before I was born.
Thanks.
Peter

Peter, do you still have the manual? It mentions the washers in there......
happy.gif

65540.jpg

65541.jpg

I have a cub cadet 71 that won't start. No click in the solenoid when I turn the key. Power is getting to the solenoid. I've looked thru some of the previous posts on solenoid trobleshooting and tried a few recommended diagnostics. First, I put a jumper cable from the solenoid's incoming terminal to its outgoing terminal. The starter turned. Then I put a jumper from the solenoid's incoming terminal to its middle terminal. The starter turned.

Next, I exchanged solenoids with another working cub cadet. The solenoid from the first non-starting cub worked fine in the second tractor. So it's obviously not the solenoid. My guess is a corroded wire somewhere, but I'm stumped about where. Anyone got any suggestions on how to further isolate where the problem is? Thanks!

John P., have you checked the ignition switch and safety switch? Here's a schematic that might help you troubleshoot.

65543.jpg

John-
Check where the ground wire mounts to the base of the pedestal. If it gets a little rusty it won't make a good ground contact and you'll be stuck.

My 71 has a small....um....."rust problem", so that's how I know...
happy.gif

Art,

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

My 71 has a small....um....."rust problem", so that's how I know...<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

65545.jpg

roflol.gif

According to some of my hot rod friends, it's not rust unless it's actually lace - it's just "patina".....

Latest posts

Back