• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 23, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Richard T. -- I apologize.....my mistake.
sad.gif
Your 129 fuel tank SHOULD BE IH white, not yellow.

Kraig -- Thanks for correcting my error,,,,again.
bottom.gif

Obviously I mixed up my NF & WF Cub facts again.
dizzy.gif
...Sorry, Guys, if I misled anyone else!
Ryan W

Kentucky Ken- Solved (?) the 122 no start issue: I did a couple of nice solid taps on the selonoid, she fired right up. The click, click click shouldve tipped me off. I'll wait a while and see if this is a re-occuring problem before I drop a selenoid in it.

Now, what do you know about 240 Volvo brakes...

Thanks for the CC advice, Dave

David - I'd replace the solenoid. We had a tractor that you had to beat it to death to get it to click in. Replace it ;)
I had to do that to my truck years ago too, come to find out a solenoid wire (coil) was loose.

James - I use to try taking a water hose and flushing out old batteries then putting new acid back in ... no luck
sad.gif

RICHARD T. - It's just my opinion but I wouldn't paint the cooling fins on Your engine....especiaolly on a working tractor. Those little air-cooled engines need all the cooling they can get....and paint is a great insulator.
DAVID P. - Don't know much about Volvo 240 brakes but I know I'm probably due for a set on My '06 S40 soon....the rears wear out sooner than the fronts on those Swedish cars. This is odd....almost more posts on the CC forum about Volvo's than on SwedeSpeed.com lately
ihrotate.gif

Kentucky
I've read you can reuse the old acid but you drain it first and add this EDTA (ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid) tetrasodium salt and water and it eats away the sulphate deposits built
up on the lead plates.
ihrotate.gif

So, based on the looks of the right rear tire, you've got a dog that's a video critic (or doesn't like Cubs)??
roflol.gif

Charlie, glad I have cable modem at work... You didn't loose any toes doing that did ya?
err.gif

Watch the Plow Day forum for photos, I took 160+ and 1 hour of video. No I won't be posting any video there but when I capture the video to my PC I might make some short clips to send to Charlie to post like he did in his post below.
buttrock.gif

Ya know Charlie, I hope Bryan doesn't see this video - I still remember his reprimand
bottom.gif
for a picture of me setting on the front edge of the trailer while my grandson was driving the 129 and that was at least six years ago...
bouncy.gif

Kraig, came across this photo in an old magazine this weekend. Do you have it?
65495.jpg

Jason, no I do not have that! But I sure would like a high resolution scan of it please!
happy.gif

Hmmm, "tractor clowns" I think some of them were in Montrose, MN this weekend...
clown.gif
There's one in southern MN who does a "look Ma, no operator" routine.
roflol.gif

Hi, all. A few more questions about my new (and disturbingly green) tractor. I'm pretty sure it's a 122 even though the back corners of the hood have been painted over and I can't find an ID tag on the rear.

The tractor's been run aground a few times, so that the undercarriage and mule drive are pretty bent up. As you can see, the mule drive is the early version with no tension spring -- both pulleys are hard-mounted to the cross shaft.

65510.jpg

I'm guessing that the mule drive pulleys are supposed to be parallel and vertical? I have a manual on order but it will be a week before it arrives and I'd like to get this stuff straightened out before then. Also, should the belt go through both of these pulleys in the "normal" orientation? When I took it apart, the belt was running through the left-side pulley "upside-down" (V pointed downward).

Speaking of the ID tag, the rear end on my tractor doesn't look quite like the ones on the FAQ page and I'm not sure exactly where to look for the serial number. Can anyone tell me where to look given this configuration?

65511.jpg

Regarding the recent Volvo sub-thread, I just realized that I used to own a '67 Volvo 122 ("amazon") and now I own a '67 Cub 122!

Thanks for helping me along...

Mark G., that color is disturbing.... The SN tag is likely behind that bracket mounted on the back. I can emil you the mower deck manual to help you along if you want the files let me know. Here's a image form the QA (Quick Attach) version of the subframe that shows the proper belt routing. And yes that subframe is a bit bent up!

65513.jpg

Looking for some help (as usual).
Does anyone have a picture of the bottom of this type of deck? Trying to get an idea of what the blade shrouds (parts 12 and 39) look like.
Thanks.
Peter

65518.gif

Mark G-
The serial number tag could also be under this rear cover plate, on top of the transmission housing.
65521.jpg

Peter S. ah, the supposedly "rare" 48" pin-on deck with the hoop style discharge chute guard. Here's a photo from a sales brochure.

65523.jpg

Back