• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 23, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbranstetter

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Brian Branstetter
Where am I when deals like that come up? Nice find Jesse.
thumbsup.gif

It looks like I need to make a big trip up to MN. I live in MO and there are just tons of things in the for sale forum that I want. To big to ship, I can't make the drive.

I need to go to MN...

poor me.

I have a cc 73 that I started to restore. The question I have is what would cause the transmission to slip out of reverse when backing up a trailer? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Day three on the 129 rattle can restro. I'm sore, I've donated blood, my hands and nails are different colors and the wife thinks I'm crazy. I'm working on a Hydro Harry black engine. I spent most of the day working on the fender pan and got it down to smooth primer ready for paint. Then the rains came but the fender pan went on the back porch to stay dry.
err.gif

65435.jpg

65436.jpg

Richard T.,
YOUR 129 IS LOOKING GOOD THERE!
buttrock.gif

Are you planning to paint the engine and the gas tank the correct 'cub yellow' too (same as the frame color)?

What brand/color/part# rattle can paint are you using to make it look so good?
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Brian S, hang in there for the BigGuns to log in and help. I suspect they may say something about shifter forks or sloppy shift stick. I dont think you can put enough wear on reverse gear to give you grief so that leaves not engaged far enough.
Stay tuned for updates
Shift.gif

Glad to find this site...I picked up a CC 149 with a snow blade and a tiller. No manual. It was pretty pathetic; not running. I just started tinkering with it, and now I have finally got it running and would like to see some diagrams for hooking up the attachments. Anyone have a source? I plan to fully restore this and would also like a source for original colors etc. I'm new to this site.

Hey guys. I picked up a pretty nice brinly sleeve hitch plow. There was another piece that came with. The guy bought it to compliment his flowers.

65443.jpg

I have one problem... I haven't any use for the cub 3 point hitch. I'm near Binghamton ny. I know some of you cub guys have good tractors too. e-mail me at [email protected]...

Carey

Thanks Ryan. The cylinder fins get high temp. black and I believe the gas tank is the correct color and will get it's fair share of attention as will the support struts and pedistal. Tomorrow is the mule drive and hanger assy.

On the paint, I took Myron Bounds suggestion about the Valspar rattle can paints at TSC and am very satisfied. (again, for refurb., rattle can work).

TSC.. Cub Cadet yellow, International Harvester white. And yes I cleaned the overspray off of the hydro.

65445.jpg

Richard T., you are correct the gas tank in a 129 is supposed to be white NOT yellow. Looking good! Please keep the update photos coming!
thumbsup.gif

Ryan,
shame.gif
happy.gif

Carey H., seeing as I have these lowly Cub Cadets and the parts for them are not worth a plugged nickel I'll give you $5 for the sleeve hitch adapter.
clown.gif
What do you mean some of us "have good tractors too"?
bottom.gif
angry.gif
roflol.gif
The Classifieds would have been a better place for your post. Don't be surprised if your post goes:
poof.gif
angel.gif

Allen, no, three letters, D S L. I used to only have dialup at home.
buttrock.gif

Hello again. I have a problem with my 782. I broke the ear off from cast piece that is on the pedal shaft. This piece is connected to a rod that puts the hydro in neutral when you step on the pedal. Sorry if this is confusing. Anyways, can this cast piece be welded back together or should I try and find a replacement?

My Cub Cadet 149 speed control lever started to move up on the console, which speeds up the engine. It started this after I replaced the allen screw. Is there someting that needs to be tightened?

Hello
I have a cub cadet battery question. Has anyone ever tried to clean the lead plates on an old battery that would look like the original battery in one? If so did you use EDTA and when can you buy it? Thanks
ihrotate.gif

Hey Charlie , Does the next person to register get some sort of prize ?

I was thinking about doing something like that, but the last time I did a prize thing. The guy got an autographed copy of Hank Wills book and I/We never heard from him again.
angry.gif

Richard T.
I use that Valspar also and really like it. I've used it to repaint my deck, rims, and undercarriage. Used the restoration IH red to touch up the rearend and it looks awesome for rattle can.

Pat,
You could probably just weld that piece if it's the one I think you're talking about.

Latest posts

Back