• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 17, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Josh,

I live up in the north central part, my neighbor just cut his 4th crop on Monday.
This is my 1st crop, as it is just an old hay field that 1/3 was planted in soybean last spring.
Nothing fancy about the hay, mainly june grass and weeds.
Plans this fall are to plow all under and reseed next spring.

Arcadia started out cloudy and drizzly, but by 1 or so the sun was shining. Here are a few pictures from today's festivities. I even found the black plastic sleeve that goes over the PTO handle for the 102.
chef.gif

169539.jpg

Hanging out with the other Cubs, on a break from Flea Market duty.

169540.jpg

Yeah, it's not IH built, but this 1882 Cub is articulated and has 8 wheel drive!

169541.jpg

Some more residents of IH Row

169542.jpg

This guy had a bunch of very nicely made miniature engines.

Josh

We hope to cut and bail the rest next week.

The hay is only being used to cover the drain fields this year, so quality don't matter.

For those of you interested in the steering tube swap, I found a picture of the old box end fitted with a radial bearing... You can see where the end was crimped by the box prior...
169551.jpg

And the finished column...

169552.jpg

Scott:
I'm taking notes (the 129's due for a teardown and the steering box and columnis on the list).

Dennis:
See the Machine Shop topic on "Welding - General"
clappy.gif

Lonny, well it would make good bedding to sell to a local farmer
whistling.gif

just make sure it dont go to a horse owner. horses cant have moldy hay, ya know

Paul V-B.,
Thanks for sharing your 'dual tube' Kohler engine information!
thumbsup.gif

It appears that your 147 was built in October, 1970 and the engine was also built in 1970.
However, the engine Spec code indicates it was intended for Replacement/Universal Service use.
In other words, the engine is not likely the same engine that was in the tractor when it left the factory.

If you think of it, when you find out if your engine still has its balance gears or not, please let us/me know.

Thanks again!
Ryan Wilke
beerchug.gif

Dennis F.,
Thanks for the reply regarding the PTO clutch anti-rattle springs and the 'advice pointer' regarding the anti-rattle springs for the transmission clutch as well!
thumbsup.gif

Ryan Wilke
beerchug.gif

Ryan,

I do believe that the engine I have is original. My dad bought this new and it has been at his house or mine all these years. I will ask him about this, but I don't think he would remember.

I don't know if it matters, but this engine is yellow. Were all the replacements black?

The engine is out of the frame and I am in the process of cleaning before opening it. After draining the oil, I assume that I can lay it on it's side and remove the oil pan. Then I will get some pictures of the inside for you.

With other things going on, that probably wont be until next weekend.

Back