• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 14, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow its great ! everything looks normal again and a lot less typing for me lol. My two fingers take a beating on this keyboard. My confuser is looking good
thumbsup_old.gif
. Charlie seems to know a lot about cookies .
clappy.gif

I just got a 123 and was taking off the carb and found that it was full of a black tar like substance. So I going to clean the whole thing out, I took off the pet cock and was trying to get the glass bowl off to clean the inside. Does this bowl have threads on it and unscrew or should it just pull off? I never have seen such a terrible mess in a carb before, the guy I bought it from said he had started "approximately" two years ago. I will make the assumption that it had been a little more than two years since the last time it was fired up. Oh well, also does anyone know where a good place is to buy an owners manual. I think I am going to need it.

Curtis M.
Soak it all in some lacquer thinner for a little while, that will loosen up the bowl that does not screw in. It's just got a bunch of gunk stickin it on there.

For hard copies of manuals.
Click the Binder Books link at the top of the page.
They have 1st generation manuals to buy for all Cubs.

I sent you a link to download the Service manual until you get your hard copy.

Lucas Jones; I think i used 3-48 screws in my carb.Found some brass at auto parts store.

Did a little grading yesterday in my new landscaping project. Used the tired old CC70 & my belly blade. After about 2 hrs I noticed the left rear tire was low, was effecting my grading. I go over to the shop and add a couple PSI, I run them kinda low on pressure. I hear a couple pops, snaps, and finally an area about the size of a SOFTBALL pops out of the sidewall of the tire. Thank Goodness for inner tubes & tire chains. I think the whole sidewall would have split if it wasn't for the chains!

My "Pitstop" was not NASCAR or F-1 quick, about 20 minutes to remove the old tire, swap the chains and the single wheel weight to one of the old 6-12 GY turf tires off the 72 and get back to work.

All I gotta say is the factory GY tires were/are pretty crappy to fail and blow out like that after ONLY 45 yrs.

On clear hard packed dirt the belly blade really works good. I can peal about 1/2 to 1 inch of dirt from all the high spots and drag it into the low spots. Only problems are with grass/weeds, BIG rocks, and roots. I uncover a BIG rock about the size of a softball every now & then!

Dennis Frisk
Having installed new turf rear tires on my 147 I was shocked at the extra traction I got.The old weather checked tires had lots of print left but are as hard as stone.I`am thinking now of the paved drive and what I should use this winter for weight?
tru-powers and 100 lbs each rear wheel or turfs and the same weight
1a_scratchhead.gif
. to save myself some
1a_scratchhead.gif
I think I will do up both types and see. I don`t think I will have a traction problem with the snow blower on the paved drive with either.

morning guys. had a good cubbin day yesterday cut the grass for one of the few last times with a the 124.

So....I picked up a PeCo lawn vac system that was originally used on a 682. I am trying to adapt it to my 1450 with a 50C deck. Does anyone have any info on these units? Manuals, set-up instructions, etc.?

Charlie,
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif

I meant to post this for K.D. a while back but got busy and forgot.
blush.gif

Kevin D., good to see you post!
213204.gif

Rich, all I have is an old PeCo Vac brochure it's entertaining but it's not very informative.

213206.jpg

213207.jpg

213208.jpg

213209.jpg

Here's some higher resolution images of the modified 1x9 Cub Cadet used in the brochure.

213210.jpg

213211.jpg

213212.jpg

213213.jpg

Kraig, whats up with that? why did they make them look different in these pics than they actually looked? if you happen to know..

Josh, my best guess; PeCo modified the Cub Cadet 1x9 to look more generic so that they could use the same photos for other brand brochures.
dunno.gif

I like the heat shield over the Starter/Generator.
lol.gif

Well, the green cub looks like yuck. At least the model in the pic has nice legs to look at!! WOO HOO!! TOOT TOOT!!
buttrock.gif

Hello All -

I am having a worsening problem with the transmission on my 149. It is no longer smooth as I move the lever to increase speed, and often reacts by doing nothing and then quickly jerking into full speed ahead. I have check the fluid levels and the control cam under the seat which appears to be operating properly... any other thoughts before I visit my dealer?

I did try looking in the Archives but am not sure what key words to use here... any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Chris

Chris, WELCOME!
wave.gif
groupwave.gif
wave.gif
Have you changed the Hydro filter and fluid recently?

Back