• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 21, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Richard...

296735.jpg

I Googled "Non-Ethanol Gas Near Dover Plains, NY" and Got:
Dover Service Station
3571 Route 22, Dover Plains, NY 12522

Also - if it's running pretty good and not overheating, changing points or capacitor is a blind alley...

Gerry Ide:
Just tried calling the Dover Service Station but they are closed.
They are close only about 4 minutes away. Thanks for your effort in this regard.
From your spark plug photos it appears the plug would qualify as a 'dry fouling'. I didn't get a chance to work on the CC 108 today; been preoccupied with buying a new Predator 173cc OHV vertical shaft engine for a 1999-2001 Murray hand mower from Harbor Freight. Also picked up a Troy hand mower with a Honda engine for 30 bucks at a yard sale. Got it home made some tweaks and now have another yard machine to add to the list.
Re: "Also - if it's running pretty good and not overheating, changing points or capacitor is a blind alley..." I totally agree.
As I said earlier, capacitors very rarely go bad and then with a short which keeps the engine from starting. As to the points, they have been there since my dad replaced the original engine in the middle 1990's. It seems to me that I recall some point metal sharing where one of the points deposited metal on the other point and I just lightly touched them with a small file. I did this last year when the PS got to me and I looked into the distributor.
Anyhow, all your observations are right on the money and appreciated.
Backhoe coming tomorrow so don't know when I will get going on the CC 108; probably Sunday.
Thanks again and have a good and safe weekend.
Richard

Wayne Shytle:
Great response! Especially the wife's perfume!
When all on my attack list fails I will try the perfume from the dollar store. Oh no, I have to spend the big bucks and get Chanel #5; better to go with the best for my "Cadillac", CC-108.
Only problem with that is I will not be able to afford the Kohler points! LOL!
Will do the Matt Gs. website and as me mother always said, "Good, better, best; never let it rest till the good is better and the better best."
So to you I wish good, better and the best.
Richard

Charlie Digger:
I 'dig it' Charlie. Thanks for the encouragement. I am going to check on the internet for points and a carb rebuild kit.
Have a good weekend/holiday as we remember the men and women that gave their lives for this country.
Till next time, thanks again.
Richard

Nope, just up town watching local antique tractor pull...
happy.gif
happy.gif

The breather wasn't plugged but I cleaned it up anyway. Governor rod still leaking. I built another "Y" bracket but longer; that's ketching the oil; will need to put a container on the bottom of it to keep the 125 cleaner and save that expensive oil.

Latest posts

Back