• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 14, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Kraig, thanks! That's basically it except mine has black metal and the engine is a Tecumseh not a B&S. You are right though....not much info for hooking it up, etc. I have an e-mail request into the company...maybe they have something in their archives....

KRAIG - There's a CC in those pic's?
coffee.gif

DON T. - re: tires for blowing snow on a brand new blacktop driveway. If you sealed the new blacktop it will have a fairly slick surface, traction will be difficult. I supposed chains are out of the question. I have been unimpressed with any of my lug tires on my concrete drive, I imagine blacktop would be just as hard to get traction on. I have lots of scratches from running chains.

My Buddy pushs snow with a big 800 CC 4WD ATV with a 50+ inch wide blade. The blade is about 15-16" tall and he pushs snow till it rolls over the top of the blade without spinning a tire without chains. I've seen other people comment about using ATV tires on a CC for snow removal with similar good comments. I think I'd use an ATV tire. I think they use a softer rubber compound than in garden tractor tires which allows them to bite to the blacktop better. And however much weight you can possibly add would be almost enough. The ATV tires will probably not wear as long as a garden tractor tire, but then not having any traction isn't any good either.

I agree, the tread rubber on these 40-45 yr old turf tires is really hard, no grip there at all. But they make a nice mounting disc for the chains. As long as the tires hold air!

Hi Kraig -

Yes, changed at the beginning of the season. Am I correct in assuming the only fluid fill is at the rear axle, and it is pumped up to the gear box?

Art,
Power Steering... SGT.. Yet...
Thought this was for anouther project

Dave-
Narrow Frame + Power Steering + SGT = Loader project.
happy.gif

I know, it's one of those statements that makes ya go...
1a_scratchhead.gif
You'll see once it's done.

+1 on what Dennis said, Don T. Lots of weight, both in the tire, and on the back, and air down the tires so they bulge. You'll get enough traction. I put chains on mine so I don't get stuck clearing out fire hydrants in my neighborhood...

Chris, yes the fluid is in the axle housing. What filter did you use? If it was an oil filter that could be your problem. An oil filter, even if it fits isn't the same inside. Did you read the FAQ entries on the hydro trunion?

Hydro 1

Hydro 2

Hydro 3

Hydro 4

Scott Tanner... 149 knucklebuster..
Dennis Frisk

Well I thought paving the drive way would make it easier for me to get the snow moved and clear the drive and no stones to rake every spring. But I don`t want to have the drive all scrached up from chais either
bash.gif
.I do have two sets of 75 lbs and 6 sets of IH weights , but can`t use them all because I would be wider that the snow blower. Now I will have to look around and find some suitcase weights and add them to the back.I hate cloride for what its doing to my 100 rear wheels.They have tubes in the but a nail cause a leak that is eating up the rims. I have soo much to do that I have disconected the phone. dentist called and I just got home and see another day wasted. Tomorrow I have not a thing booked and willl have to do some Cub work and post some pictures(because we all likem) Have a great day
1a_scratchhead.gif
1a_scratchhead.gif
bash.gif
clappy.gif
old.gif

Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos"
When you post links ,I have to look and read also.Keeps one sharper.that last post had an issue with 4x4 tractors and I have a thought ! lol. the loader needs a foot control and I`am thinking much different than most. I want to use a tps and a 12v actuator and see if that might work towards an usable foot control. I`am sure Dennis and others might have a thought ?,and you also .
1a_scratchhead.gif

Latest posts

Back