• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 04, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not that familiar with the old decks, but I don't think they were meant to ride on the ground on the deck wheels.

I have a 149 and a 44c mower deck. Can anyone help with the correct belt size from the pto to the deck.

Michael go to the faqs and there is a chart there. Should be in Charlies faqs I think it is IH59971-C1 3/8 X 78

KENDELL - I'll be the First person to admit that some MTD/CC dealers leave a lot to be desired when shopping for parts for these 40 yr old tractors. Fortunately I've got a couple of really great dealers locally. Wasn't always the case, when I bought the 129 and started fixing it up my local dealer didn't stock ANYTHING for the older machines and everything I needed was "Special Ordered" with a special handling charge plus a wait for the parts to come in. That's why it ended up with many "Hardware Store" fixes. Luckily I had a real good Farm & Fleet in town and a couple good auto parts stores.

I remember looking at the C/IH/CC dealer at a used 125 that was pretty rough, I think it had been a parts tractor for a while. The engine hadn't run in years, was missing the whole PTO clutch, seat was just a bare rusty metal pan, couple flat tires. Dealer wanted more than I paid for the mostly complete running 129 plus $200 more for a PTO clutch. I liked the idea of a 125, that great looking ZIG-ZAG grill and all but NOT THAT 125.

Matt S. Nice looking cake. You are blessed to have such a talented Mom.

Josh O. You will need the "no one knows where it is to be mounted however it was an option" horn and switch for your Cub Cadet. To find a good horn, I'd suggest going to a salvage yard and get one off an 06 or 56 series tractor. I think they were standard on those series. My 706 had one only it wasn't loud enough so I took the one from my 1968 Ford pickup and put it on. Somewhere I still have the 706 horn. I pretty much know where it is (eastern Iowa storage shed) only haven't been back there in awhile. Since the 706 is gone I may have to put the horn on one of the other Cubs. Then there is the sunshade and IH radio....... and you'll have to find a pretty girl to sit on it. I believe Kraig M. has a picture of such an option sitting on a 125 in a sales brochure. With the last option you may want to consider finding an updated version. Otherwise if you go with one that is OEM from the same era as your 124 the she will be old enough to be your Mom. Nothing wrong with that. Us older guys would enjoy that only you'll probably appreciate that updated, closer to your age bracket option a lot more.
biggrin.gif

Saturday afternoon, I fired up Fancy's 1650 for the fiirst time in two years. After we got it I just put it in the shed and left if until I could finally get time to clean the garage. Now it can be in the garage and I can slowly begin working on it. I also took the time to literally look underneath it and OMG.... there is caked on oil everywhere. And there are virtually no bolts holding the engine to the frame rails. No wonder the thing rattles so much. The little guy fired right up though with fresh gas and a good battery. Fancy is ssooo happy to have HIS Cub Cadet in the garage and be able to ride it. It needs engine overhaul, trunion rebuild, just a lot of things however it is Fancy's tractor and he is willing to work on it to make it "purr like a kitten" when finished. Angel took some film footage with her cell phone camera. If anyone can help her figure out how to transfer the footage to the computer and then help me put it on the Forum I'll post it later today.

I'm off to work on cleaning the garage more. I kinda over did things Saturday by lifting some heavy stuff by myself. So yesterday, I just mowed the rest of the lawn and dug the potatoes.

Dennis, gotta love the zig zag.
happy.gif

Adrian, thats normally true unless you have a spring assist.

I bot new and own a cub cadet tractor, which i once restored before using it actively again in florida. i now live in tennessee retired and want to restore it correctly, colors and decals. i am attaching two pictures. one is of the right rear hub with raised and imbedded numbers, one on the side of the housing and one on the wheel hub housing. which is correct, and from the numbers shown what does anyone believe my number should be for ordering parts. my serial number on the kohler 7hp engine is clear and easy to read for those parts. all help welcome.
thanks
roland caldwell sr
[email protected]

Went Deere hunting the other day and ran across this original Cub. It has been sitting in the back of a barn for years and from the looks of the muffler, it has to have been owned by a plumber at one time or another. The price was right “Free” so I hauled it home with me. My neighbor has five of these originals so I guess I give it to him.
At least I didn’t come home empty handed.
biggrin.gif

169163.jpg

So whats this: Everybody trying to make Browinie points with Kraig today.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Mike...Nice find with the O, especially with those rear tires. What kind of condition are they ? I've seen very very few of those, not sure if you can even get that tread pattern anymore.

Marlin...Don't know who your cell service is through but I have Verizon and can send any kind of media right to my email. For video I use Photobucket then can post a link to the video.
I passed up one of those IH radios a few years back. I should have grabbed it, I want to pull the guts out and put newer electronics in it's place. Another thing I want to do is make a smaller version if of a sunshade I've seen on full size tractors that have the canvas top covering the tubular bows. I used to make canvas tops for boats so that should be real simple.

Latest posts

Back