• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 04, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaytay

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Home of the Plow Special
Don-
The loader-tractor is looking great. If I lived closer, I'd love to help ya get it back together!
happy.gif

Question:
What is that diamond-plate piece of steel on the front of the tractor frame?

Hi Guys, I am trying to help a neighbor out a little. He has an 1872 Cub Cadet that leaks Hyd fluid intermittantly just below the steering wheel. I should be able to replace the seal however I am confused as to why it leaks intermittantly. I did check the vent in the cap. It was partially plugged but I could see daylight through it. Hard telling what his wife is putting in there when it gets low. She does most of the mowing. Any ides would be appreciated.

Art , the plate you see is where the po had drilled so many holes in the front of the frame that i added the diamond plate to cover up the holes. I hope to have the 129 running soon as i have 3 dump loads of soil to move and wood to put in the house. I will be glad to have it running again. Later Don T
old.gif

Don, while you're waiting for the "boss" to show up, is there any chance you could post a photo of the front of your loader Cub that shows that diamond plate? TIA.
happy.gif

Greg L.,
Thanks for sharing your 'dual tube' engine data!
thumbsup.gif

Ryan Wilke
beerchug.gif
-

Kraig as you wish. here is what you ask for.I hate to have the dail up guys pissed at me for all the pictures. we all don`t have Cable internet, some like Charlie even has trouble with his internet. LOL , thats what you get moving north lol. Later Don T

Art i would love it if you did live closer to me as we could have a little lol cub talk.
169077.jpg

169078.jpg

Don, thanks. I like the looks of that diamond plate mounted there.
thumbsup.gif

Ryan D Wilke (Rwilke), I have a 147 here that has a 'dual tube' K321A 2129875 spec 6099A serial is 433325 April 1972 I think.
169082.jpg

169083.jpg

I did a little juicing with my new "Cub Juice Box". It worked really good, I got two 10.50's full with 6 gallons each and back on the tractor. It took about an hour.
I bought the filler valve from my local auto parts store and got the drill pump from Wally world clearance isle.

I might just be half prepared for plowin' this year if I keep it up!

169087.jpg

169088.jpg

Don-
Thanks for the pictures, that's kind of a clever way to cover up the holes, and it gives it a "tough" look to boot.

Rick-
It never ceases to amaze me what you come up with!

Now, set that baby up so it mounts on a Cub-Style 3-point hitch and get rid of the drill. We'll hook it up to the back of my 100 with the PTO and tow a #4 cart with a 55-gal. drum of RV-AF off the back.

We can be the "mobile fluid fill team" at the next PD.
beer2.gif

LOL!
roflol.gif

RICK B. - MAN, it's been YEARS since I've seen a ROCKWELL elec. drill! I had a cheap 1/4" high single speed drill for sanding & polishing and a variable speed 3/8" drill for everything else, also had a Rockwell hedge trimmer & saber saw as well. They sure lasted a LONG time for the price and all were used & abused frequently. I seldom if ever cut wood with the saber saw, but I sure cut a LOT of heavy steel with it. I used that saber saw to make most of the parts for my lawn-vac, it'd get so hot sometimes I'd have to wear welding gloves to hold it.

ANYHOW.....I Loved Marlin's comment about jd Research & Development! The "L-S-E-D-I" method, namely (let somebody else do it)
lol.gif

Probably the two best things IH could have done would have been to use the JD hydro control, and welded a cross brace in the Quiet line engine rails from the start. It sure would have prevented a lot of problems and made a lot of people happy.

Well there may be a third, they probably should never have built that crazy zig zag grill.
err.gif
clappy.gif
fence.gif

"Well there may be a third, they probably should never have built that crazy zig zag grill."

Ding, ding!!!! LOL!!
rofl.gif

Ryan W.

Here is another engine for your dual tube data study. K301A, serial # 2043004 spec # 47376B , riveted tag. Carburator side has dip stick hole next to points. S/G side-front has long tube with an cap with tightning screw. Is this what is being discussed as dual tube? The cap has the following informatin stamped on it. Moeller Mfg Co Inc Greenville Miss. the tube on the S/G side seems to me to be just a oil-fill tube. Did I read in the previous posts that some of the S/G tubes had a short dip-stick with warning message on them?
My engine is black which I thought indicated a replacement engine but a rivet tag which I thought indicated original engine. Do you have any thoughts on this?

Here's a picture of the cap.
169093.jpg

Latest posts

Back