Archive through September 01, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
Joe D., very cool find! Looks to have the same mounting setup as the prototype. The blade itself is constructed differently than the prototype, though it's close.
greenthumb.gif

Aaron, nice setup!

Happy Oneth of the Month to all!
happy.gif

Attachments

• greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 153
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 164
Hello Cub friends, Anybody out there ever do a narrow front conversion? im kinda feeling like my next cub project I want to convert a 149 into a narrow front and space the back wheels out so I have 32" wheel centers (im a bit of a gardener and want something I can scuffle between rows with) What are your thoughts??

Charlie
Thanks for the picture! does that kit fit a wide frame as well? Where can I purchase these kits and how much are they?

thanks guys all very good stuff. looks like that kit is about $300 USD. Hope he ships up here to Canada

Charlie have you installed this kit yourself? If so does the tractor turn fairly tight after adding it? I have a pretty small backyard want to be able to turn tight with a cultivator on the sleeve hitch

I will check the motor mounts, thank you for the advice. Right now I have the trans-axle removed and am installing a spare I bought years ago to see how that does. I will let everyone know what the problem is when i finally figure it out. Thank you to everyone for you input !!

ok im very confused now. sitting dead still battery has 12.13 volts. key on engine off battery has 11.68 volts. key on engine idle battery is at 11.90 volts. now here is where i get confused. it wasnt charging last night but when i throttled up to top no load speed it charged. it had 13.10 volts at full throttle. the other night it didnt charge and now it is. so i deem this problem intermittent. can someone shed some light on this?

Corey,

All those reading are good/typical and the SG is likely working fine. I would look for grounding issues and bad connections first, look at the voltage regulator ground. The voltage regulator operation can be intermittent too if it is old and corroded inside or an aftermarket POS. It is had to diagnose a problem when it comes and goes. Next time it is not charging take voltage readings to verify.
My 149 had a charge indicator that was goofy. The needle would bounce side to side and that act ok. I finally determined it was defective and pulled it apart, found the small magnet inside has only partially attached to the surface of the gage. I glued the magnet back in place so the indictor needle rested in the center, reassembled and it has worked fine ever since. This meter was not an IH original but some AMPOS.

jim

While watching an episode of “Classic Tractor Fever” I saw the cadet shown below. Did IH ever supply the cadet with steel wheels?
The picture is a little fuzzy because I took a picture of my TV while watching it.

I thought it was interesting.
Rich W.

298815.jpg

Attachments

• 298815.jpg
    298815.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 154
Richard, nope, but I know of some that have been homemade. I'll have to dig out some photos to post.

Here's two that were at Plow Day 4:

298817.jpg

298818.jpg

Attachments

• 298817.jpg
    298817.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 155
  • 298818.jpg
    298818.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 163
Corey Stouffer,
Those voltage readings are very low in my opinion and indicate a weak/bad battery. You can get it load tested for free at many different places.

On a narrow frame rear lift bar the hole on the rockshaft end is approx 3/4" and the pin on the bracket is 5/8". Is that normal or is the hole worn. There looks to be no wear on the pin.

Doug, There should be a sleeve on the bracket end that the 1/2" bolt goes through.

Latest posts

Back