• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 30, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bryan,
Yup, doing some serious thinking in there too. I really like the porcelin furniture.

Looks like I wasn't the only one who had time on his hands today. I hear a couple of Forum members made it to Houtz's today too.

Tom -

Dang, that's the problem with us hi tech desk jockeys, they expect us to work from home, too.

Bryan...I thought you'd never ask.....
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

22579.jpg

22580.jpg

22581.jpg

22582.jpg

22583.jpg

Had some down-time between edits on subway training materials, so I took the opportunity to get more work done on the 108 and Loader-Mutt today... Checked out the rebuilt steering column on the 108... works great, but need to shorten the drag link just a hair... turns tighter left than right. Once I've got it centered, I'll probably relocate the knuckle's drag-link hole to get a few more degrees... if I'm ambitious, I might weld on some gussets while I"m at it. Did do some carb adjustment, and it's running really nice now, so I left the points alone. Only thing left is a new clutch disk, and it'll be a winner!

Loader-Mutt got a baptism of HyTran today- I snugged down all the hydraulic fittings on the loader and steering circuits, then filled the Johnson's reservoir with precious red fluid... jacked up the front axle an inch, and started whirlin' the steering wheel... after a few turns with nothin' more than a little buzzing, the reservoir started to gurgle, so I topped it again, and few more turns and the front wheels started movin... little more purging, and now she steers totally hydraulically. Haven't hooked up the pump yet, gonna start the engine and get the initial warmup and retorquing done first. Gone for a few days later this week, but at the rate I'm goin, I'm hopin' to have a fully operational Loader-Mutt midway through next week...

Steve B - Welcome to the "dark" side of the CC lineup. You will like that 782. But then I use my 582's every chance that I get.

Finally, feeling better after having a bout with the flu that started Sunday morning.

A special thanks to the Bluniers for putting on a great event.It's always a great time and it just keeps getting better.

With all this talk about Wheatland tractors, Red Power Magazine has a feature article on them.

The cubs that are diesel like the 782D and the 1512D are they liquid cooled? Never saw a diesel one in my life.

If any one is looking for bar tires? I bought a new set today for $80.00 they were Deestone 23x10.5-12 and a year ago I bought a set of Deestone 26x12-12 bar tire for the same price if I remember correctly. Keister's in Monmouth or Macomb cary them in stock also nice meeting you guys at P.D.
Kevin

PD 8 was a blast. I enjoyed seeing everybody again, and also meeting some new people from the forum. I just gotta start being better prepared to go next time, so I am not so rushed.

Jim- not only are they liquid cooled, they have a really cool sound... They're all Kubota engines IIRC... and the liquid-cooled gas motors are essentially the same Kubota diesel, but fitted with gas head and spark ignition. Svelte!

Kevin- do a product review of the Deestones- I see 'em on the Deestone website (Thailand)... the photo isn't really great... the treads don't look very aggressive compared to their other tire sizes, they don't indicate the number of plys, etc., so snap some 'real' pictures. Was that $80 for the PAIR?

Digger posted a picture of a cub on sunday oct 31 at 8:18 with some huge tires on it. What size are those ags, and how do you get the wheels to fit that size of tire. Can they be fluid filled?They would look nice on my 147 loader tractor. Thanks. Owen.

New cub owner
I bought a model 100 with no three point or creeper on it. runs okay but clutch seems to slip
runs good for about 20 seconds then clutch starts to slip if i turn the wheel it grabs?
any ideas on how to fix this
thanks
jeff

Ok. Dumb question here. My 782 is missing that little metal belt tension adjustment indicator. I have always just checked the tension by hand. I've never seen one on ebay. What is the proper name of it, and do these things float around anywhere?

j

I just realized when I go to Winchester TN I'm going to be only 32 miles from the Holy Grail of Cub Cadetism! the grass that was mowed down in 3rd gear at half throttle by a correct 71 or was it a 2 or 3 ? guess if I can't remember it wasn't as fantastic as I thought it was. anyone for a field trip?

(Message edited by dvogt on November 02, 2004)

DON - I think it was a 71.....
biggrin.gif
Maybe He'll give You some horsepower tips....
roflol.gif
. When's that pull?

Steve B.
Thats a real nice looking 782, you're going to love it I know I sure like mine, especially since I got the 50 inch deck lined up. Whats your thoughts on the arm rests, or haven't you used it enough to say? I've always wondered if they get in your way or if you would use them all the time.

National Farm Toy Show is this weekend in Dyersville, IA- anyone going? I'll probably go Friday evening, after that it's much too busy for me. For those that do go or are wanting to go and can't find a motel, drop me a line, there's lots of places within a half hour of the show without having to stay in Dubuque. For folks that would want to go to Country Junction to eat but can't stand the lines, I've got good suggestions as well.

Back