Archive through October 30, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blyons

displayname
Brad Lyons
Tom H, I am still smiling. i just got in from unloading it . No complaints at all. Thanks Kevin. Had a great time even though I didnt even plow,but brought 2 tractors, I was too busy drooling. My other 2 friends had a blast.

TOM H. - I saw Kevin D. running that 782-D around the show grounds Labor Day at Edgerton. I never did catch Him but later saw the tractor sitting in the shade and looked it over some. I agree, That tractor looked "Better Than New" I'm sure Brad will be smiling EVERY time He sits on it.

Dave K. -

I moved your pictures to the appropriate Plow Day subtopic.

OK,

Why the F@#& is it that the dang 682 wont start when it is under 65 degrees out?!?!?!?! Piss me off I ship off Spot and Stinky is now going to give me crap!!!
angry.gif

Man what a day, great event, great folks to BS with, but that wind was a real bitch!!!!!
I did fine something interesting though, I saw this Cub with a sticker on the back, hmmmmmm
22553.jpg

22554.jpg

King Midas, I mean Tedd -

Hmmm, I wonder
lol.gif

C'mon up here, everything's started - 1450, 169, Trac Vac, Simplicity, 100, chainsaw. It's a PARTY!!!

Yea, but instread of the "golden touch" I have the "Sh!t touch" . Man I fel like crap this morning too. Off to sleep, er I mean church...

Tedd- that's called the "fecal-Midas Touch"...

Get movin' on Foxtrot, darnit- my Diesel project is ahead'a you by a MOTOR...

Bryan- movin's 'em is fine, just so's everyone knows where they are, and if they want high-res copies, email one to me, and I'll find and reply.

BTW- you missed a good time!!! :p

Finally found a plow! Nice brindly unit paint in good but faded shape. How much use does it take to begin to egg out the hitch holes on one of these? Looks like it will go with the "new" 100. The hyd. lift should be nice.
Price could not have been better, dead deere parts.

Digger, the plow I got has the holes worn now. Was just wandering if the plowday folks are in the same shape. I have no idea how long or many miles of furrow this takes.
Never figured that I would get too many furrow-miles on it, plowdays are scarce out here!

Dave K. -

Everyone knows where they are - that's why we create a spot for Plow Day pics to be posted in the first place. It's created weeks in advance, even. It pays to peek at the main topic page every once in a while
wink.gif

Jerry B,
With the right sized pins everywhere, the odds are slim to none on wearing holes oblong, I would say the PO prolly put the wrong pins in and or was a complete moron and used old bolts, LOL

Bryan- I bookmark the ones I use, so you got me- I don't go there much.

I see there's a forum for 'better-than-new'... but it appears to be locked... is that one dead, or new?

Hey Ken Updike,
I got this thing, hauled it to PD, you dint show, now what? Ya want me to see if it will fit my 100? grin
22565.jpg

Damn Tedd, Never heard you b!tch like that before. Those 82's can be a bit tempermental.

Like Bryan, all mine started today too. had to test run the 38" C/I deck I put together from the two I got from Glenn. I still say the C/I's do the best job. The smoker was a little tempermental, but glowed it a little longer and it fired right up. <font size="-2">(I love to crank up people!)</font>

OK guys, I did something this weekend that might suprise a few of you.......Thanks to Kurt, "The Fly-N-Squirrel" I now own a very nice 782!!!! Just brought it home, and I'm still smiling about it!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Then.......I ended up with a hyd. power angle blade for the front of the 782 (dual hyd.)!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
......plowing snow is gonna be fun this winter!!!!!!!
happy.gif

Thanks for all the comments about Plow Day, it was a pleasure to have everyone over, and in spite of the wet ground, we had a lot of fun. There were about 125 people registered, and we plowed about 25 acres.

BTW, you guys are getting much better at plowing!!!!! The lands were closed up very cleanly with only 2-3 passes required to close the dead furrow...great work!!!!

Bryan. Thank you for your input. I too would like to see a Precision Series Original and #1 cart. I wonder if we e:mailed MTD and politely inquired to them our wishes and desires directly what their response would be? I asked about the hydro-prototype Original because since I work at Sauer and have spoken with a couple of people in marketing they also thought it would be a limited run deal and more than likely couldn't be mass marketed. They suggested trying a company that makes limited production items. I wonder if that would be the best route to go for a high quality model Original with cart.

While ya'll were having fun at plow day with your Cub Cadets, I was tearing down my Bobcat to replace axles, bearings, seals and tires. Plow Day had to be more fun!

Okay, so in reading about all these tractors, I keep seeing some referred to as "Wheatland", as well as reading about Wyatt's project...

But I don't see anything blatanty different in pictures... mebbie a subtile difference in the front edge of the fender... wheel centers seem a tad different, but that's all...

What characteristics define a "Wheatland" tractor?

Did a mini wrench-a-thon on the 108 tonight...
--Swapped the brakes and calipers- old ones weren't set up right (on wrong sides), pads were totally gone, and there were spacers in the pull-rods, so I just swapped the entire brake assembly from a donor machine with good brakes (pronounced "hydro".

--Yanked the steering column, disassembled, mix-matched it's shaft with different steering column housing, sector, etc., rinsed 'em all clean, reassembled with new grease, slid it into the frame, and readjusted so that the wheels would go both right AND left. Previous column had come unglued from the steering box, and had been welded-on (actually, more like burned-through) in about six places.

--Installed weights on the rears

Tomorrow: points, plug, carbeurator to quell some running attitudes that develop with any decent level of load.

Near future- new clutch, 3-point kit, possibly a spring-assist...

Latest posts

Back