Archive through October 29, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fcurrier

displayname
Frank A. Currier(Northern Maine)
Timothy: I'm more inclined to think that the Q series are Quick Attach. That idea just dawned on me the other day and I've been just waiting to mention it. Thanks for the opening!!
angel.gif

Thanx frank LOL. I still need to bring it up here to the city. I think were gonna git some good snow here in St Louis this year!!
buttrock.gif
Shift.gif

Here is a good reason to throw balance gears and used rods in the trash.
96098.jpg

Dustin, I dont have a list for ya. Here is how I convinced my father in-law who has a Crapsman.

1. A Garden tractor is just that, IH cubs were sold as tractor only. Everything was an option(mower,weights etc...)
2. I consider a Garden tractor to be built to stand the test of time. This is done by using parts and materials of high quality(steel,cast iron)
3. Grab the backend of an IH cub and try to lift it off the ground(hernia coming your way). Most lawn mowers have very cheap aluminum rearends.
4. This one put my father in-law over the edge. My Garden tractor has been going strong for 35+ years. How many lawn mowers have you gone through in that time? ....He couldn't remember!
ihrotate.gif
roflol.gif

So how do you find out if you have the balance gears in your kohler without tearing it down?

Kraig...David did indeed do an awesome job on the ingine!!

Where do you all get the seals for the trunion, Ect in the hydro?Ive checked the sponsors above, all i see is the cork gasket any info will help!!

Thanks

Well here's the results. Haven't had to pick up the tig torch in years, kind of a slop job for me but I think it will hold up ok.

96103.jpg

96104.jpg

Scott,if its not rattlin,smokin or knockin,dont worry bout it yet. Juzz keep tryin on the rest of the tractor you have.Sounds to me like your comin along pretty good there!
bubbly.gif
thumbsup.gif

Scott: I'm guessing if a guy really wanted to know about the balance gears that he could get a peek inside by removing the cam shaft gear cover, right beside the points cover on the left side of the engine. Now I think maybe I'll try that myself on a spare 14hp that I've got here that the dipstick tube has to be fixed/replaced, anyway. Have a great day, everyone!
coffee.gif

Morning all. I`am off to get 2 yards of loam (top soil) for repairs around my lawn.Just thought that to be ready for a snow i would install the Back blade and level some soil. Have a great Cub Day. Later Don T
96109.jpg

Don, the snail mail you sent arrived.
happy.gif
BTW, nice back blade.

Kraig, would you happen to have any pictures of NF with hydraulic lifts added to them? If you do could you e-mail or post them here? Thanks Scott

Thanks guys! I'm going to go hydraulic instead of with an electric lift. I had to see pics so I knew about where it would go on the frame. I noticed though that those pics where all hydrostatics. I have a gear drive and was wondering if I would need a hydraulic fluid tank? Do those hydraulic units run off the hydro fluid in your hydrostatic rear ends or do you have a separate tank as well?

OOPS! I noticed that one of Charlies pics is a 102! So would I need a seperate pulley on my drive shaft as well?

Scott, correct, you will need to add a pulley to the drive shaft. You'll also have to drill some holes and cut a notch in the clutch guard. The <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> hydraulic lift in the photos has a hydraulic fluid reservoir built into the pump.

I hate doing this but would you have a pic of all that jazz as well. If I can see it then I will have a better grip on this whole new project to go along with the 106 project! My wife thinks I'm nuts for doing all this but then again she knew that already!!!

Latest posts

Back