• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 25, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Melody, Craig, Charlie, and..... I think that bracket is for where the "cab" would attach to the footrests. Notice the angle.

Tom, I thought that as well but it's quite different from the one on my 125. Now, it could be for that purpose on a 1x2/3 cab... More photos of Melody's cab and brackets would help.

215320.jpg

Hi folks! I don't mean to jump in and derail the cab conversation, but I thought I'd share a few pictures of my 1450 with the PeCo lawn vac system installed. I built a weight rack for the front as she tends to steer a little too easily when the bag starts getting full if you get my drift!

215327.jpg

Kraig, sent you more pics. If you need close ups let me know.

Rich, nice! How about a detail photo of the front weight bracket?
happy.gif

Here's some more photos of Melody's cab and brackets:

215335.jpg

215336.jpg

215337.jpg

215338.jpg

215339.jpg

215340.jpg

I'm sure this is getting old but, it feels like it needs more support on left side.

Melody, although I have never seen another one like it, from the looks of your cab I'm now certain that you have the 1x2/3 variant of the cab, (part number 407 113 R91 from the Parts and Accessories catalog) as it differs so much from my 1x4/5 and 1x6/7 cabs. It has the squared door bottoms so it's not for a 70/100 or an Original. Are there any bracket like these two? They mount to a stud at the front of the battery box and one goes to each side bracket to keep the cab from wobbling side to side.

215342.jpg

Kraig,I did see that hole below the battery box but, I don't have those brackets. Time to buy some flat steel and make my own. Thanks Mel

Dennis F - thanks for the info on the paint. My son already has the IH Yeller from CCC and the 935 White by IronGuard. I don't know which gun he has. Sounds like he does need to get some hardner.

Rich J - it's ok jumping in with the 1450 and the Peco unit. NOW - how is it that the 1450 has a manual lift???? And where did the tail lights go??? Hmmm

Now, for all this Cab stuff - i've got a couple of those door brackets. I'll have to post them in the classifieds. Someone must be missing a couple. Don't know which cab they are for but they were on the 102 I had.

Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die - especially when you're using a "Cozy Cab"

HARRY - Did some browsing on the internet. The temperature & viscosity of the paint really effects the way paint lays down. For most paint on a CC you want a wet top coat without runs & sags for a smooth shiny finish. You need consistent materials to get that finish. You might want to read this brief note and others here http://www.paintcenter.org/rj/Dec02m.cfm

And don't forget the carbon filter respirator for use with the hardener.

I would "suspect" the CCC and C/IH IronGuard are the same paint formula from possibly the same supplier but don't know that for sure. I would use whatever reducer and hardener the paint suppliers recommend for use with their respective products, and mix them according to their instructions. That's why I suggested staying with a single paint system, all CCC or all C/IH/NH.

The materials today are much more chemically complex than what was available 20-30 yrs ago. SON has done a lot of research since we started our work 2-3 months ago and all the auto body materials are designed for Professional painters who have their favorite spray gun in their hand 2-3 hours a day in a paint booth with waterfall and infrared drying lights. There's even specialty companies who make paint/refinishing materials for DIY-er's that are less fussy with mixing rates, drying conditions, & equipment used as well as being cheaper. When we shoot our yellow That's the place our material is coming from.

Melody, if you look close at that photo of mine there's a bolt with a washer and nut then the brackets go on the bolt, then another washer and a Nylock nut. Makes it easier to install with the bolt being in place. If you look at the photo I posted at 10:16 am today, the left brace bracket from the front of the battery box is in that photo, that should give you some idea of how it mounts to the side frame.

Kraig-

"They mount to a stud at the front of the battery box..."

The 123 I pictured last week doing "circus tricks" had that same stud at the front of the battery box. It also has door brackets for a cab on it. I was thinking that stud was just a simple Previous Owner mod to use as a solid "negative ground" for the battery....I guess now I know.

Had a great day in the shop today. worked on the loader belt alignment for the pump(Tears belt up because its out of alignment)Did some sanding on the 450 snow blower and a set of fenders that I want to install on my Diesel.I have plans to do more sanding in the am also.Might take the gear box apart on the blower also to install new seals and bearings. I should be ready for paint next week if we ever get some dry weather here. later Don T

The ampmeter on my 149 has started to bounce erratically back and forth. I checked the battery with a digital meter, with the tractor running, and the voltage also bounced from 11 to 14. Any ideas? Thanks

These rear brackets are off a 122 they were mounted <u>under the fender using the existing fender mounts and not on top.</u>

215349.jpg

Ooo la la

David-
Check to make sure your tractor grounds are clean. There should be one at the battery and one at the engine.

Lewis, Thanks I will try that tomorrow. I thought I have seen them on top before. Mel

All the cab/windbreaker talk reminds me that I picked one up for my 1450 this summer. It's not in the best condition and I'll have to fab a few of the brackets. If I recall, I may also need to replace the "windshield". Kraig, where'd you get the material you used to replace yours?

40mph winds tonite - I'd need more than a windbreaker to break this wind! (No breaking wind jokes needed...
crazy.gif
)

Back