Archive through October 25, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The other week I finished the engine rebuild on the K301 in my 122. It fired right up and after 15 minutes of running at various rpm, I mowed for about 35-40 minutes.

Tonight I changed the oil and retorqued the head. I have a beam style inch pound torque wrench so I watched to see how much they loosened up from the 360 INCH pound torque.

jawdrop.gif
They started "retorquing" at 100-125 inch pounds. I couldn't believe how much they loosened up.

I'll put another 4 or so hours on it and do it again.

Lip-
He got it from me....

I somehow managed to find a local graphics guy who ordered me 2 sheets of "Lexan .030" X 21" X 27" for the price of "free".

I can't get anymore of it here, but I noticed that if you search "THE AUCTION SITE" for something like; "Lexan .030 24 X 24" you may find some for a pretty decent price.
happy.gif

<font size="-2">Note: You might want to make sure a 24" X 24" sheet will work. I can't remember if I used all 27" of the sheet I got.</font>

PSA:

The IH Collectors Club (IHCC) National Auction is this coming weekend, Oct 29-30 in Gardner, KS, just Southwest of Kansas City. The event is being hosted by IHCC Kansas Chapter #3. There will be a number of Cub Cadet items up for sale (including Kraig's favorite - a 125!) so you're all invited to attend. A detail listing of everything up for sale can be found at www.ihckansas3.com If you unable to attend, you can bid on line by placing a proxy bid. Shipping services will be available. Bid early, bid often! Hope to see you in Gardner this coming Friday & Saturday. It will be a great time!!

I have to ask if some knows where I can buy a decal set for my 450 snow blower, is it still available to buy ? I`am off to get some small parts for the blower, new bolts for the wear bar and some longer carriage bolts for my wheel weights. I think with the weight of the blower on the front I will need to run at least 100 lbs each wheel. Since I just paved the drive way this summer I will try 100 lbs on each rear wheel and just use my tru-powers and see how they do. I hate to install the chains and mark up the drive.

Art A
how much weight do you use with your 450 blower on your tractor? and how does it perform with that weight?

Thanks as always
greenthumb.gif
1a_scratchhead.gif

Melody, here's how those brackets that Lewis mentioned mount. The heavy angle bracket under the fender in the second photo on this Cub is for a rear weight bracket so pay no attention to that part.
happy.gif

215352.jpg

215353.jpg

Charlie, got snow?
dunno.gif
It's snowing here, kinda, actually it's raining with wet snow mixed in.

215355.jpg

I have a Cub 7254 Compact Tractor. The unit has been having some issues starting, but up until yesterday if I made sure the battery voltage is 12.5 VDC or greater, the unit would start. This time even when I had it jumped from a running tractor, the unit would only click. I have electrical drawings for all the harneses except the Instrument Cluster. I would like advice on the next step(s) I should take to resolve this issue.
Thanks for any assistance!

Latest posts

Back