• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through October 25, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The other week I finished the engine rebuild on the K301 in my 122. It fired right up and after 15 minutes of running at various rpm, I mowed for about 35-40 minutes.

Tonight I changed the oil and retorqued the head. I have a beam style inch pound torque wrench so I watched to see how much they loosened up from the 360 INCH pound torque.

jawdrop.gif
They started "retorquing" at 100-125 inch pounds. I couldn't believe how much they loosened up.

I'll put another 4 or so hours on it and do it again.

Lip-
He got it from me....

I somehow managed to find a local graphics guy who ordered me 2 sheets of "Lexan .030" X 21" X 27" for the price of "free".

I can't get anymore of it here, but I noticed that if you search "THE AUCTION SITE" for something like; "Lexan .030 24 X 24" you may find some for a pretty decent price.
happy.gif

<font size="-2">Note: You might want to make sure a 24" X 24" sheet will work. I can't remember if I used all 27" of the sheet I got.</font>

PSA:

The IH Collectors Club (IHCC) National Auction is this coming weekend, Oct 29-30 in Gardner, KS, just Southwest of Kansas City. The event is being hosted by IHCC Kansas Chapter #3. There will be a number of Cub Cadet items up for sale (including Kraig's favorite - a 125!) so you're all invited to attend. A detail listing of everything up for sale can be found at www.ihckansas3.com If you unable to attend, you can bid on line by placing a proxy bid. Shipping services will be available. Bid early, bid often! Hope to see you in Gardner this coming Friday & Saturday. It will be a great time!!

I have to ask if some knows where I can buy a decal set for my 450 snow blower, is it still available to buy ? I`am off to get some small parts for the blower, new bolts for the wear bar and some longer carriage bolts for my wheel weights. I think with the weight of the blower on the front I will need to run at least 100 lbs each wheel. Since I just paved the drive way this summer I will try 100 lbs on each rear wheel and just use my tru-powers and see how they do. I hate to install the chains and mark up the drive.

Art A
how much weight do you use with your 450 blower on your tractor? and how does it perform with that weight?

Thanks as always
greenthumb.gif
1a_scratchhead.gif

Melody, here's how those brackets that Lewis mentioned mount. The heavy angle bracket under the fender in the second photo on this Cub is for a rear weight bracket so pay no attention to that part.
happy.gif

215352.jpg

215353.jpg

Charlie, got snow?
dunno.gif
It's snowing here, kinda, actually it's raining with wet snow mixed in.

215355.jpg

I have a Cub 7254 Compact Tractor. The unit has been having some issues starting, but up until yesterday if I made sure the battery voltage is 12.5 VDC or greater, the unit would start. This time even when I had it jumped from a running tractor, the unit would only click. I have electrical drawings for all the harneses except the Instrument Cluster. I would like advice on the next step(s) I should take to resolve this issue.
Thanks for any assistance!

Latest posts

Back