• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Timed Deck broken spindle

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craymond

displayname
Curt Raymond
I've got a 1965 model 70 with the old square timed blade deck. I hadn't used it for years but recently needed to put it back into service. I made one loop around the yard, one blade tapped one little rock and "tink" the spindle that blade was attached to broke and the blade/spindle end fell right off onto the ground. I've got the blade, the thing it's bolted to and the bottom bearing...

Dang, things had been going so well.

So I imagine I need a new spindle. I haven't had the old one apart yet but started looking for parts. What I've found is not promising. Anybody got some words of wisdom or advice as to where I can get a new spindle?

Edit: Some more research finds that the part I need is either a 470883 R1 (later decks) or a 464534 R1 (early deck) since mine is on a 70 it's probably a later deck. Its basically a rod with a keyway and threads and each end. Boy they sure don't give those away...

Last edited:
Thanks, that kit is probably a good idea. The drop to the ground probably didn't do the bottom bearing on mine any favors. I've had the deck for 17 years now and have never done anything to it other than add grease. I bet that top bearing is going to be difficult to get out.

Latest posts

Back