• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

‘That Time of Year’ - Maintenance

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbratton

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Justin Bratton
It’s that time of year for me to winterize and do some maintenance on my 147 Cub. Yesterday was the last time I will need this cub for lawn duty, so off to hibernation for this one. I got plenty to check and do to get it ready for spring 2024: change the oil, clean the air filter really good, take out the battery, sharpen the blades, check mower deck, deck hanger, pulleys, belts, wiring. Fuel stabilizer was added yesterday before using. Grease everything that needs grease.
IMG_2968.jpeg

Sounds like a great plan.A very nice group of tractors,I'm sure you get a lot of enjoyment as we do also.I also at this time check my list of parts I need to replenish.Its always a good feeling to be prepared.

good-lookin’ herd!
Thanks bud!
Sounds like a great plan.A very nice group of tractors,I'm sure you get a lot of enjoyment as we do also.I also at this time check my list of parts I need to replenish.Its always a good feeling to be prepared.
Thank you. And, yes always be prepared. These Cubs keep me out of trouble. Now, time to work on my scout…

It’s that time of year for me to winterize and do some maintenance on my 147 Cub. Yesterday was the last time I will need this cub for lawn duty, so off to hibernation for this one. I got plenty to check and do to get it ready for spring 2024: change the oil, clean the air filter really good, take out the battery, sharpen the blades, check mower deck, deck hanger, pulleys, belts, wiring. Fuel stabilizer was added yesterday before using. Grease everything that needs grease.
View attachment 155948

View attachment 155948
I just love a neat, clean shop. This is where you left a tool that's easily found.
Cheers, Jack

Latest posts

Back