• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 24, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Long time no talk. How's everyone doing. I got back into the cub cadets here over the last couple weeks starting with the IH Plowday in Indy. I got to tearing apart an old 100 of mine today to start restoring it and ran into 2 issues. 1. Are there brass bushing pressed into the frame for the clutch pedal shaft to ride on? I beat on what I thought were bushings and they didn't budge. 2. I had a heck of a time trying to get the axle off. The shear pin gave me trouble and when I finally got it out the pivot pin gave me trouble. I have really mauled up the frame and need to rework it a bit. Anybody have any tricks to make that job easier? Any help is appreciated.

Matt S.
There's only one good way when they are stuck that bad.
It's called a Sawzall between the frame and axle, then punch out the short pieces on the work bench.

Charlie,
How about a remedy for patching up the carriers in the frame since I chewed them up. I was thinking about taking it to work a filling it back in with the mig welder and filing or driling it back out to size. Any better ideas?

Matt,
Beats me, I've never buggered any up.
confused.gif

Charlie,
Are there replace-able bushings pressed into the frame for the clutch pedal shaft to ride on?

There are bushings, I've never seen anyone selling them though.
I don't think Cub/IH ever offered them, but I'm sure if someone knows, they will chime in for ya.
Come to think of it, I've never seen any that were welded. I wonder if they were swedge fitted in?

Great cub day! No kid functions, no wife "to-dos", no mother-in-law "take care ofs". Whole day in the barn. Here is some picks of the herd.
95845.jpg

95846.jpg

95847.jpg

That is an IH weight hanging on the greeny.

Well its winter here in Detroit Lakes, Mn. 3" of the white wet stuff - was actually hoping for some more! So I figured I better build another blade for the diesel. Its a knock off of the original cub blade, but its a 54" wide, 4" taller and made my own mount to the front of the tractor. It has a 1/4" Stainless Steel cutting edge, 14 ga. Blade front, and all 1/4" framing and brackets. Once agian you gotta love what a laser can do. Next step is to get the new to me 2 stage blower on the 982 and put the cab on. Let it snow, let it snow - ho ho ho!

95860.jpg

95861.jpg

95862.jpg

95863.jpg

95864.jpg

Evening all,
I could only hope it would snow here!Then i would have a reason for a blower or two!89 degrees here today its expected to cool to the mid 70s by the end of the week.Well got the 123 completly tore down this weekend and started wire brushing the grease and dirt off.Looked at a sand blaster and paint spray gun at harbor freight...it will be a while before i pick them up!Its my hopes that I will be able to rebuild and restore this cub to better than new with the kids,it will be a fun project.Ill post some pics tommorow im going to borrow a camera from work.Ive been checkin the arcives about painting,tons of great info in there!

Matt S dont feel to bad When i knocked the pivot pin out of the 123 i didnt notice the roll pin and after a day or so of pb blaster i actually knocked the whole stinkin bushing out and its welded in!!Luckly i can weld it back in and it didnt thrash the frame.But hey im knowin for thrashing parts so far ill need to visit the sponsors for a steering wheel and the bracket on the brake pedal that centers the hydro when applied,oh and a hydro shift lever knob!

Aaron beautiful plow man!

Started rewiring the 106 and noticed that where the clutch lever mounts on the pivot point on dash tower the bar/mount(?) is bowed out towards the engine. Has anyone else had that problem and any ways they have fixed it? I
1a_scratchhead.gif

Back