Archive through October 24, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh Frank cub starting not a problem here in winter, the infloor heat in the cub shop keeps the Cub`s warm and dry. lol Later Don T
greenthumb.gif

Kraig, now there is one to add to your want list for your shop. Those heated floors are just too nice. Have been around a few. it will spoil you to lay on warm cement in Januwary

Thanks Mr. McConaughey, I'm excited about starting this project with my son. I'm sure both he and I will have many questions about the cub cadets.

<font size="+2">Hello</font><font size="+1">Hello</font>Hello<font size="-1">Hello</font><font size="-2">Hello</font>

If the Forum was solely MSU fans, I'd know where everyone was (Downtown East Lansing, celebrating !!!!)
beerchug.gif

Frank:
I spent most of the day outside, stopped by a few times, must be everyone else is still out on their Cubs...

Cliparts didn't want to work a few minutes ago, and I've been waiting all day to send Don T. and his 64* garage floor one of these:
wedgie.gif

Today I got a chance to prove (again) that time spent here isn't totally wasted. Removing a pulley from a friend's snowblower I used the air-hammer-on-shaft trick that was mentioned for removing s/g/pto basket pulleys.
thumbsup_old.gif

Well I finally got around to getting a tree for my wife. 3 years ago I spent the money we had saved up for the tree on a little tractor with a loader... Well today she said it's a good thing we had that tractor. My BIL said it would take 4 or 5 guys to move the tree into the hole. I picked it up with a 16' trailer, but can't get that into the back yard. So I rolled it onto my smaller trailer.

Good thing I had all of them running.
95768.jpg

This was a strain on the little pump, but lifted it up enough so I could dig out a little more to get it level with the ground.
95769.jpg

Morning all you to Frank
fence.gif
.got all or most of my of the winter stuff done so let it snow i`am ready lol. Just a lot of leaves to rake and haul away yet but i will soon spend the most of my time in the Cub Shop. I must finish the 129 and paint my O .Hope to have a few new to me Cub attachments home soon. Still waiting for for the PO to clean out his shed. Have a great day later Don T

Nick,
Looking good! I'm drooling over the open shop space in your top pic on this page!
Just curious about the pic in your profile. Do you run tire chains when you mow?

Keith,
It looks like your two supervisors were pleased with the project. Was BIL taking the pictures?

Bruce M, yes I leave the chains on year round. I have a real steep bank in the front yard. Won't climb it without them. The shop is where I used to work a few years ago, now I do some part-time work there. Works out pretty good for working on my own stuff. That is our wash bay/paint bay on the end of a 7 bay garage. I could only wish to have a garage like that. Nick

Does anyone know what the difference is in the battery hold down bolts between an original and a 70 or 100? Everywhere I look it seems the original bolts are NLA. I found IH stamped bolts for a 70 or 100 but I don't have the original ones to compare. Previous owner had the battery bungee corded on a plate bolted to the hitch. The IH part numbers are only one number different but my luck that will mean one inch too short. Thanks, Nick

Nick H.
The PN's are the same for the bolts from the Original through the 147. IH-376294-R2
Also, if you will check the Sponsor buttons above, you will find that they are still available.
thumbsup.gif

hey i'm thinken of starting my own forum/registrey, with video repair section... and of course every other section that all the othe cub sites have. I was just wondering if any of you guys would actually post to it with repair videos or pics of your tractors... it will probabily be a little while before this gets of the ground but just seeing if anyone would be intrested in helping
Thanks

Plowed and tilled a couple of gardens yesterday. I would be out there today but it 34 degrees with 40 mph winds. I need to paint the back flap on the tiller. I also need to figure out why the tiller reducer chain box is so crooked. The belt would fall off when I hit roots. Go sick of having to take the guard off, so I just left it off for now.

95805.jpg

95806.jpg

95807.jpg

95808.jpg

95809.jpg

95810.jpg

95811.jpg

95812.jpg

95813.jpg

95814.jpg

95815.jpg

95816.jpg

95817.jpg

95818.jpg

95819.jpg

95820.jpg

95821.jpg

95822.jpg

Charlie, thanks, I was looking at the wrong part number. I saw the bolts on one of the sponsors but I had that wrong part number stuck in my head. Thanks again, Nick

Matthew S.
I don't want to dampen your spirit in anyway.
Why not set up a site and give a link or links to the info you want to share?

There's no less than 7 other Cub Cadet forums out there already. BUT, if you feel the need. Go for it.
Like they say, if you build it, they will come.
thumbsup.gif

Latest posts

Back