• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 23, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig, Roland, et al,
Here's the spec tag on my 73 with (I'm pretty sure) the original engine.
69224.jpg

Ray most places around here have sand with a little top soil. Dad has more than most but even that is more like a sandy loam. The grass grows well enough but the clods seem to be pretty durable.

James - I hate to inform you of this but coils and old generators were around for a l-o-n-g time. Rethink your DC statement. Also you're trying to imply that coils with an anternator system are putting AC into the coil.

Larry - Car coils just aren't built internally to withstand the vibration incountered on L/G equipment.

Thomas - Larry's resistor would cut the voltage down. The output voltage is the critical voltage. (6-9v)
In your case I can't believe that .5v would burn out a coil.

Roland, Kraig.
The 73 had electric start as standard equipment, and was not available with recoil start, and is the only 7 hp that did. As you said, the other 7 hp models came both ways, with recoil start as standard and electric as an option.

Paul-
That thought flashed through my head earlier today, but I wasn't certain, so I "kept it on the down-low" as my students say..
happy.gif

Thanks for stopping in!
wave.gif

Kraig-
I looked for some pictures of my old 73 tonight, but then remembered that it had a BLACK replacement engine, so it's spec number would not be <strike>Original</strike> original.

Art,

Isn't this your old 73?

69229.jpg

Cause it looks a little bit different right now, one, the flywheel cracked on the replacement motor so it now has a K301 in it from a 125 until I get get a new flywheel for the 8 horse, and two it is going to be getting a new paint job soon.

69230.jpg

Hello, does anybody know what model cub this seat cover is correct for, if any? part# 407 394 R1 Thanks!

Does anyone have good pics or a diagram for a snowblower mounted on a 126? I was recently given a wheelhorse snowblower and I would like to put it on my 126 but, I'm having problems figuring out the belt drive.

I want to put a electric lift on my 126. Will the rock shaft from a 147 fit?
thanks Joe

Back