• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 08, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't posted in a while but have been checking in now and then. Picked up a part-time job in the evening that cuts into my computer time.
Well, yesterday about 2 blocks from my house, I saw the Cub that I had my eye one for more than a year sitting by the curb with a For Sale sign on it.
179314.jpg

New addition to the shed(when I make room for it)
179315.jpg

179316.jpg

Nothing fancy 129 manual lift but in pretty good shape. Guy said that it ran last year. Carb was leaking when I tried to start it.
Close enough to home that I towed it with my 125!
Nice looking mower deck.
179317.jpg

Best of all, the price. $50 I didn't even try to haggle.
179318.jpg

Brian, you're a thief! The only way you could have done worse would to have charged him a $50 towing fee. Ya done good!
thumbsup_old.gif

P.S. That looks like a dealer decal that a guy ("Geezer") on another forum would like a pic of.
asthanos.gif

Great pics guys! Its been a whilesince ive been here so i thought I'd drop in.

Got my tri ribs on my CC 100 yesterday...finally
greenthumb.gif
I love'em already!

Will an any electric pto clutch fit on a 1450? I have one off of a presumed WF tractor engine and someone wanted me to confirm that it will fit before he buys it.

josh Ott
yah it will fit, thats what was on all the Quiet lines... did you get your phone fixed? my 149 runs and drives now!

Brian you lucky SOB thats one clean 129!... looks like it should fire right up after a carb rebuild!

I noticed no sediment bowl and no filter on Brians new tractor. Is this typical or did the PO go overboard pulling parts out. My 147 has sediment bowl still on it.

Allen-

1x8/9's on up had a screen on the shutoff in the tank. Looks like his has been changed though.

Must be everyone's watching "Desperate Cub Widows" or the "Amazing Mower Race".. Long day, finally cut some wood (129 hauling, of course), fired up the wood "boiler" (it's not a boiler, it's not a.... actually, today it was, I didn't have the ash pan tray shoved all the way in, fire kept on going after the draft fan shut down, teakettled about 10 gallons of water out the vent).
Then back to work cleaning the workshop - still looking at whether I need both a 129 and 149 or just put the lift off the 149 on the 129 and part out the rest of the it..... Tin's pretty good, the hydro is too, even though the motor smokes and the drive shaft is cobbled...Hmmm...I think I just made up my mind - can't have too many Cubs..

Dennis, I was going to run tubeless in the rears, not sure I want to deal with them and putting the tires on. I have to do them by hand and dont want pinch a hole in a tube.

Kendall, yes the Mrs. is watching "Desperate Cub Widows" !!
clappy.gif

Oh! I'm getting an IH wieght box from a buddy of mine, he said I could just have it! Must be my persistant questioning made him decide to!!

Brian L., nice find on your 129! I thought it was an "unspoken" thing... but the wideframes are to go to the east side of "The Big Ditch". Narrow frames to the west!
fence.gif

Matt S, Ya i actually got a different one, but i tried texting you and ended up texting someone named shannon or something. I copied your number exactly from my old phone but idk what is going on
1a_scratchhead.gif

Back