Archive through October 06, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Red 125 (Ethan Rolke)
246429.jpg

Pulled this off the web. Not sure about the straight pipe, but that chrome air cleaner cover is something that I'd be interested in a source for. Low back seat would become high back. Red engine or black?
1a_scratchhead.gif
happy.gif

Charlie ..... "Hydro's have brakes?" ..After parking the 129 with mower deck on a hill with a full size trailer behind it and watching it take out a Forsythia bush transplanted from the previous homestead (said bush had finally take hold after about six years), I got in the habit of locking those heretofore unknown brakes when parking on a hill.. I even adjusted them suckers to work!!!
bash.gif

HEY! That's my red 120 <font size="-2">(100 with a 12 hp in it)</font>!! Don't need to pull that off the web, I'll send you any pix you need.

Gerry,
The closest thing I have for hills up my way is a pile of dirt I pushed up with the 1450 last spring for a make shift ramp out back. LOL

Frank A. Currier(Northern Maine)
I think that chrome pipe is off a V W beetle. seems I remember a post where it came up. The chrome breather cover looks smart .

Tom: I'm a bit embarassed this morning - not so much for not recognizing that tractor as yours as for not recognizing it as not being a
Slant%20Tongue.gif

I did a Google search for Red Cub Cadet 125 and grabbed the first image that came up. Somehow, that one was credited to Chris Rolke.
1a_scratchhead.gif
happy.gif

I'm now thinking that lift rod is from my snowthrower? When I bought my 1650 this past spring it came with a ton of parts in a box, and this was in there.

Jeff make an adjustable one a piece of 1/2 " pipe weld a 1/2-13 nut at each end.Use threaded rod bent at 90 on the ends.I think Mr Plow came up with that.

HARRY - I'm re-printing my first comment to Bill J about the power angle kits IH sold.... you must not have read it,"IH made a hyd angle option or kit for the manual angle blades. You needed auxillary outlets to run the cylinder."

Since hyd lift was required for the aux remotes, me saying he needed remotes also means he had to have hyd. lift.

That being said, if you had live 2-way hyd on ANY Cub Cadet, even a NF or original}, adding the hyd. angling kit would allow you to angle the blade while using a manual lift blade also.

DON T. - Dad gave me a pair of those VW exhaust tips from a Beetle back around 1965, he used big electrical conduit to braze up dual exhaust pipes for the #70. I had a straight pipe on it about 2-3 ft long with a rain cap but the little K161 didn't have enough HP to open the cap at less that wide open throttle. Very annoying!

Jeff, that was my thought and post, I have accidently mixed my rods up and had that result. I am at work and cant measure them but the blade rod is longer by i believe an inch and 3/4.

but maybe I will make one like mike described or I think Mr. Plow made a similer one, time to search the archives

Dennis - hey sorry, I just wanted Bill to understand that a 109 probably didn't the outlets for a hydraulic lift and that he needed the lift before he could add the front outlets. I have seen some Cubs that have the holes in the front of the frames for the outlets, and just have plugs in the holes (but I think those were newer CCC units).

Larry K - do you have front outlets on your 149? I don't think they were an option until the Quiet Line models.

Harry,
JMHO but the only positive thing that came from the QL was the front hydraulics. Sure people will mention the starter and electric PTO but I like s/g and mech PTO.

I once said before had they only put the front hydraulics on a 169 at the factory that would of been the best GT made...

Yup those are VW exhaust tips. I used the VW "Flaired High Performance" tips on Mien Kub too. Sounded like a Harly.
246475.jpg

Larry Kortkamp

You could have a cylinder cut to the correct length to use as a angle cylinder for the blade .I could measure the stroke for you this would tell you where you would have to mount the cylinder to get the stroke correct.here you can buy a used cylinder with the same size bore and the end caps on the cylinder are held together with long bolts.It would be simple to cut one of those down to get you where you would need be. I was thinking of doing that when I saw hydro Harry`s post in the for sale section and just sent him and email.That did save me the looking and steel work .I do have another cylinder here that I bought on Kijiji for $30.00 that I know now would work.But I now have a few ideas for that cylinder on my 149. It is not eating any hay lol. and I will someday use it.
old.gif

Tom H

I bet on that engine those tips would sound sweet.

Not to change topics or anything, but wanted to post a picture of the new find. Was in a shed for a few years. Looks like people shot a .22 at it and has all kinds of holes.(Can't really see in picture) It cranks fine but the hydro locked up.

246478.jpg

Adam they should of used a larger caliber and alot more ammo, that way it would be where it belongs.

I'm finally working on my Original after a two year hiatus. I've got a pair of Deestone tri-ribs for the front that I'm ready to mount. It looks like it's going to be some work to get these on with my two screwdriver method and I'm afraid I'm going to scratch up the fresh paint. Does anyone have any tricks to make it easier?

246482.jpg

Latest posts

Back