Archive through October 04, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
Denny, doesn't your wife know that there's a difference between hearing loss and selective hearing?
happy.gif

Thanks Bill,

So, other than this web site, how do I go about finding a three point hitch and tiller for a 1650? I don't even know if they are available new, and if they are, it seems like a crime to attach something as trusted and historic as this 1650 to something from this century. Then there are budget concerns.

Eric, it was me that answered your tiller question. As to how to find one. Place an add in the Wanted section of the Forum classifieds and check the For Sale section. You could also attend the Plow Day on October 21st in Illinois, as there is usually lots of stuff for sale there. And there's always ebay.

}<font face="arial,helvetica"></font><font size="-1">I was on a different Cub Cadet site, and one of the "Full Pullers" had replaced the kohler in thier 100, and replaced it with one of the newer Briggs & Stratton 3 cylinder diesels, about 18 hp,or something like the kubota's in the 782D's, but My question was, how the heck do you beef up a driveshaft up to handle all that torque, and what are the dimensions of the engine bay of a wide frame (86-169)</font>}}}}}}}}}}}

Ryan, Ryan, Ryan,
Now tell the rest of the story. I was running my 1650 at about 3/4 throttle and 3/4 hydro when you came up on me. When I saw you, I pushed both the throttle and hydro to full speed and very slowly crept away from you. I have the 1650 set for 4000 RPM's and only run it WOT when I am working it or throwing snow. I was just on a Saturday afternoon ride when you came upon me.

KRAIG - After almost 30 yrs I would think so....
lol.gif

Glen: The beefing up of a driveshaft would be easy. Couple venders on e-bay sell them plus I would get a pillar block bearing kit to help hold against the torque.

Pops

<font color="808080"><font face="courier new,courier"><font size="-2">Thanks Ben, I'll look into it.
crash.gif
</font></font></font>

Hi,
I have a 1000 wide frame. I'm putting on new rubber mountings and need to know how the mounting things go on. Does the bigger one go between the frame and the rail?
Thanks,
David

I hope someone can help me with this one. I have a 1963 Original with a K-161 Recoil start motor. The motor is basically complete, but is missing the recoil start. Does anyone know where I could find one or if anyone makes one that will work?}

Steven T.... check out the sponsers of this site up on top of page. They have all sorts of stuff. Bet they will find u a starter real quick.

Those recoil assemblies are very hard to come by.
You will probably just have to get lucky to find one.
If you find a different one that will work please let me know.

Kraig thanks for the info . i will check and see if anything freezing up. the motor seems to be running fine. seems to have plenty of power just as long as i dont try to engage the blades. thanks again

Eric: Like Kraig said, placing an ad in the 'Wanted' section is a good choice, as is e-Bay, and even running an ad in your local paper. I was running a wanted ad in 2 of my local 'freebie' papers when I got the call about 'my' 1450.

Tillers usually go for $250-$300,. Like Kraig said, make sure you get the mounting bracket/gear box with the tiller!

You can buy pull behind tillers at places like Sears, etc...they have their own engine mounted on them to power the tines.

Eric: Like Bill says! Personally I like the Cub Cadet tiller the one with drive belt from the tractor to tiller 10 times better. Easier to control while you are sitting on the seat.

The pull behind with motor on tiller my thoughts are this: I had the newer style cub cadet 3 pt. tiller for my 1863 and I did not like it you are always turning around to pull the clutch handle, you got to get off the tractor to start and stop it (motor) and I just felt the older style that I had on my 1450 and 782 did a nicer job!

Pops

Sooooo,
Is anyone gettin ready for Plow Day or are we all complacent if the fact that's it's no big deal any more and there's nothin to gettin things ready to do the deed?
biggrin.gif

61 participants
55 Plowing
3 Selling
6 Spectators
30 John Deere tractors
46 Cub Cadet tractors
4 Other tractors

Charlie, I'm still waiting to see if I can make it.........

Charlie,
No big deal. I plowed my garden 2 weeks ago so it still sits there ready to go. I just need to drop the deck and mount the plow on the 149 if I have someone else going with me.

Latest posts

Back