• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 04, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Roland,
It this what your tryin to say! I say! Spit it out boy!
31086.jpg

31087.jpg

Attachments

• 31087.jpg
    31087.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 180
  • 31086.jpg
    31086.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 186
  • 31086.jpg
    31086.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 166
  • 31087.jpg
    31087.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 175
RAY - I'd have to check My parts book to be positive but I think very late in the 70/100 run they switched from 16 to 19 teeth and increased the speed. All tractors after that have 19 teeth until the later tractors, 800 & 1000 I think had 17 tooth 2nds that were in- between speeds.
I know mowing was where I could tell the most difference. Dad's old 70 could mow things in 2nd I had to shift to first with on My 10 hp 72. I don't EVER run the mower in third gear either....
bazooka.gif

Attachments

• bazooka.gif
    bazooka.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 170
  • bazooka.gif
    bazooka.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 178
RON,

Back in the early 70's material shortages in the equipment and auto industry were very common. There was not much you could do except think fast and install other parts to get the equipment out to market. IH put manual lifts on a bunch of 169's and offered a retrofit kit to its dealers for people who wanted hydraulic lifts. When the supply caught up with demand, later in the model year hydraulic lifts became standard again.

Dudes --

This 50K pic size limit is killing me. How do you make a 5 Meg image shrink that far and still look crisp?

I will shrink them that small in time. andpost a few from my trip.

Here is a shot of my table at about 7:30 on Monday AM.
31090.jpg

The rest probably need to go in the MTD/CCC thread.

I hate planes -- flying home today I got stuck between two folks in a 3-seat unit. You can imagine how much I loved that with shoulders wider than the seat back by a couple of inches at least.

Attachments

• 31090.jpg
    31090.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 181
  • 31090.jpg
    31090.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 181
Hank,
You know I'm gonna say somethin don't ya!

MAN! There ain't a thing in the world that could make her look crisp!!!!!!

(Message edited by cproctor on October 04, 2005)

Denny,

60#/bu is soybeans......

Just test-drove my 782 parts tractor after fixing the broken hydro with 125 hydro parts. Seems like new again. I have documented the differences between an older, non-ported pump, and the newer ported pumps, which I'll post if anyone is interested. There's quite a few things that aren't interchangable.

Kraig- Wash your mouth out with John Deere Hy-Gaurd for even mentioning and wishing for another ice storm like we had on Halloween in 1991!!!! Took me over an hour that night to drive what would normally be a 15 minute drive.

I too would like a good old fashioned winter but it could wait and start closer to turkey day so that I have a little bit of time to get the blade on the 582M and the 451 blower on the 1450 and get the backblade put on the 108 at least, and to get a new set of chains rounded up for the 1450. Too much too do yet to get ready for winter around here and not enough time to do it all on the weekends.

(Message edited by hsimon on October 04, 2005)

does anyone have a part # for the 5/8 wide belt pulley from TSC or another source fot the QA42A thrower? does it have the correct size keyway for the shaft? Snowtime is gonna arrive sooner than we think.....
sad.gif

Attachments

• sad.gif
    sad.gif
    897 bytes · Views: 173
  • sad.gif
    sad.gif
    897 bytes · Views: 175
LMFAO! Oh geez Charlie... I'm in tears over here!
clappy.gif

Attachments

• clappy.gif
    clappy.gif
    1.2 KB · Views: 179
  • clappy.gif
    clappy.gif
    1.2 KB · Views: 179
Hugh, good point I could do without ice, we didn't get the ice up here but the wet snow froze into a hardpacked washboard layer that lasted for quite a few days. That same year there was another storm on the Friday after Thanksgiving. We were up at the deer hunting cabin in Northern Wisconsin. My brand new 1991 Isuzu Rodeo (It didn't even have plates on it yet!) got stuck on a gravel road out in the middle of thousands of acres of public hunting grounds I had to walk almost 2 miles back to the cabin. I had driven the same stretch of road a couple of hours earlier with no problems and we had only gotten 4" of snow but it was really drifting in the area where I got stuck. We were able to drive my dad's F250 out a different way Saturday morning. At one point as we tried different roads we had snow up over the hood and had to beat the doors open so we could clear the snow to back out. Seeing as we pay property taxes up there the county agreed to plow a path in to the closest intersection on Sunday morning. We had to shovel for 200 yards to get it to the intersection and that was after hiking in on snowshoes for a couple of miles. We got it to the intersection just minutes before the plow arrived. As I drove out behind the plow it was drifting in behind me. That was not fun. To keep this somewhat on topic the weekend before the deerseason opened my dad used his Cub Cadet 2072 with a #450 snowblower to clear a 1/2 mile path back into the cabin. Sure wish I could have air lifted that 2072 into where my Rodeo was. :eek:)

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on October 05, 2005)

Ya, I'll skip the ice, too, please.

Last year the ice was so bad, it glazed the rails so our train slid about 1.5 car lengths (120') past the platform at the first stop. Oops...

Wes, I might have to try that if I can find the time to get my #1 125 back up and running and find the time to adapt the 42" MTD blade that my neighbor gave me. I recently bought a narrow frame blade subframe from Dave Schmidt to adapt the MTD blade to a CC. I used to use my 48" Dexter rotary sweeper and my QA42 to clear snow. The sweeper worked great on any snowfall 6" or less but it would sweep the gravel into the lawn if I didn't have a packed snow base. However, come spring, it worked equally as well sweeping the gravel back into the driveway and dethatching the lawn at the same time. :eek:)

Charlie -

Amazing, ain't it? Folks have the internet but they apparently don't have telephones
lol.gif

Attachments

• lol.gif
    lol.gif
    158 bytes · Views: 182
  • lol.gif
    lol.gif
    158 bytes · Views: 182
Bought some old IH truck junk stuff off Tom H. and while back and I thought they could be used for somethin!
31116.jpg

31117.jpg

Attachments

• 31117.jpg
    31117.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 190
  • 31116.jpg
    31116.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 178
  • 31117.jpg
    31117.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 173
  • 31116.jpg
    31116.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 186
Charlie, nice clock, clever! What was that originally?

I wonder if the IH corporate Outdoor Power Products division priced 169's $99 less to dealers in 1974 if they had the stopgap interim hand lift?

Back