• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through November 25, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bryan/Craig/or whoever,

Can any of you guys post a pic of the O.E.M. cigarette light for the Cub Cadet??

Whoever is here.
46137.jpg

Thanks Don, thats exactly what I'm going to do. I've got the heavy wire and a connector, but hadn't thought of the battery cut off switch. I was a little worried that it would burn up the s/g if it was just free spinning. Glad to know that's not a problem. We are expecting our first good snow tonight and yet I'm already looking forward to posting pics of the ol' 149 tilling up the garden.

Bobby B,
That's the Hytran doing it's job of encapsulating all the moisture that has gotten inside the rearend. It's designed to do just that. Clean it all out real good and your good to go again.
Be sure and replace the filter while your at and also make sure you get an OEM Cub Cadet hydraulic filter too.

I finally broke down and bought a couple coil wires from Autozone the other day along with fresh plugs. Gapped them and stuck 'em in, put on new wires and, voila', the engine ran better. Much better.

I have not changed plugs and wires in more years than I can remember. I figured I just don't run the thing enough to wear them out. Count me corrected. Starts easier, engine run-up is spritelier, and no more high speed miss.

When I was a kid at home my folks had a JD with a 16hp Kohler single and I have to say that it did vib just a little and it had never been rebuilt. But with that said it was a lot better torque than any of my grandparents later twin cylinder Onan units. We worked them side by side and the Kohler did a better job when there was an imediate need for more power such as a heavy spot of grass or something.
beerchug.gif
jmho.

Craig....Did you get a gt coil or a auto coil?.....This is just food for thought!..I have heard that the auto coils are different from gt coils. And when you go to buy new coils you should ask for a gt coil. Seems like I heard this from the guy in the engine shop at napa.....Has anybody else heard this....????

Nate:

Note 1: The Cub Cadet Kohlers require a coil with specific internal resistance. YES they should be specified for a Kohler. Automotive coils either have NO internal resistor (will burn up your points) or the incorrect amount of resistance (will work for a while & die). Most auto parts houses can get/have the correct ones for the Kohlers if you demand it.

Note 2: Modern carbon core plug wires have the WRONG resistance for the older design Kohlers.... You MUST use a copper wire cored spark plug wire for proper operation of a K series Kohler!!

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Here's something I've never seen or heard of before. And no I didn't change the spelling!

This is a cut flat head for a kohler 10-12-14 HP engine, it also has a fire slot cut into it for better flame traval and to help increas HP. This head should help incress the HP on any kohler engine
46148.jpg

Folks,
I have a steering assembly for a IH Cub Original that is unlike any other ones I have seen. Hardly an expert but I have had 40 or so in my hands. It has a 5/8 " bolt welded into the bolt/lever assembly instead of the normal 1/2'" one. Also has the new type adjusting plug with cotter pin lock.
Any one seen or know the history of this??? My parts book gives parts #'s for 3 different cam followers which leaves me to believe there were 3 different versions. ????????
Thanks in advance----G.L.

Bryan look what stumbled upon today for ya.
happy.gif

Item number: 260055760848

Better act quick though, only a day left! lol

Charlie P,

Did the "new head" source provide any idea as to what the compression ratio would be with their cyl head and a OEM piston/rod combination? It appears to me that their head would provide a tad or two greater compression ratio......

Can you say who/where or contact information for the cyl head manufacturer?

Ryan W
beerchug.gif

WYATT - On the governor gear, is Your's plastic? They seem to be tighter on the shaft but the grow more when running. As long as they can spin it's O-K.
Also, I can't see a piston only .010", .020", or .030" weighing a lot more than the stock piston and throwing the balance off.... If a 1650 vibrated more after a rebuild I would suspect the iso-mounts.

I am back after spending most of the summer working on my Scout SSll. Not quite as fun as working on Cub Cadets, but I can't haul the family in the Dunes on a CC! We had quite a nice warm Thanksgiving weekend in Mi. Did some general cleanup with the 72 and trailer and mulched leaves with the 782. Looks like snow by next week, so this weeks project is to put an engine and new clutch in the 122 for snow removal.
<font color="ff0000">here we go again - PRESS ENTER so that all pics are on a separate line!</font>
46159.jpg

Replacing the fluid and gasket in my 100 rear end. Have the correct gasket and Hy-Tran fluid . As far as the gasket goes, do I use any gasket sealer or put it on "dry"..
Thanks as always...Joe

I went to the National IH collectors auction in Wahoo, Nebraska last week and thought some may be interested to know what a few of the Cub Cadets sold for. Model 71 good original condition w/deck and blown head gasket $280. Model 100 w/deck and rear pto - good condition, ran good $400+-. Very nice original 1250 w/ deck - ran great - best unrestored quiet line I've seen - $590. Unpainted "original" w/ rear sleeve hitch assembly - did not run $300+-. The only thing I bought was a set of CC wheel wieghts $110.

Latest posts

Back