Archive through November 21, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kfreeman

displayname
Ken Freeman
Mike,

If someone changed the top links to put it on a *82, then they may have changed the pulley to accept the 5/8" belt as well.

Also, I think the pulley would need to be adjusted along the shaft for a QL vs a *82. It might be worth a look to see what pulley you have and how it aligns with the PTO pulley. Of course, everything may be set for the 1650, since the top links are upside down.

I just ordered a smaller diameter pulley for my QA36A Snowthrower. I hope to see how it works if I speed it up a little bit.

KRAIG - Thanks for the name of the photographer in that last pic.

I remember when I dropped into the furrow for my first round @ PD #1 two older men were standing right by the land talking and even over my engine I heard one of them tell the other, "That Guy's plowed before." Yep, I did my Sister-in-laws two big gardens and Dad's big garden every year in the early/mid 1980's with my pizza-cutter GY turfs and no chains, think I only had 1, maybe two sets of weights at the time. A rotten tomato brought me to a stop many times!

I met Wyatt in person @ PD#1 for the first time, talked to John Proeschel who had that cute little scale 560, did some trading with Travis, met all the Blunier's, and so many other's I can't name them all.

Good times!

What year was PD 1. That one picture is proof I have been getting better looking for a while now.

Ken, EXCELLENT points for Mike to check.
thumbsup.gif
I've never had a 82 series and I always forget about that 5/8" PTO pulley...

Denny, John Proeschel did a great job on his mini 560. Here are more photos that Chris took at PD1:

232771.jpg

John P's mini 560.

232772.jpg

Here's a good photo of the parade round. Note the guy in the upper right corner of the photo with the SMV sign on his tee shirt, that's Wyatt.

232773.jpg

Oh, and the guy you mentioned that challenged Dan to a tow-off when Dan was loading his Crawler. That was John Buszkiewicz, aka Big John. Here he is talking to Dan.

Dave, PD1 was in 2001. Sooooo, which photo are you in?

Ken - The guy I bought it from had it one a 1450. The pulley is the right size and lined up perfect. I've never used one of these throwers before, so it will be interesting to see how it works. I am thinking about coating the inside with graphite paint such a slip plate

Mike, IMO, the most important area to coat with graphite paint is the discharge chute and the throat area of the auger housing that leads to the discharge chute.

Kraig second one down. I got my hands in my pockets.

DAVE - We ALL had our hands in our pockets! I remember it was kinda cold first thing in the morning but did warm up a bit, think it was March 31st.

I remember it drizzled rain the whole way home and around Rockford turned to sleet and by Beloit it was snowing really good. I had about three layers on under that red flannel shirt.

Didn't somebody come up to PD #1 from TEXAS?

Finally got all my parts together for the new clutch & creeper for my 1000. Well I got everything together and I dont think its right. For one thing it looks like the drive pins are barely in the clutch disk. Also, I wasnt sure what that ball bearing in the back rag joint was for but after asking here I got the impression it was to make up the gap between the shafts. But on mine there is way too much space. Did I get the wrong length driveshaft? Or am I just missing something simple here.

232777.jpg

232778.jpg

I dont have the clutchhooked up yet it is just set in place (pedal is hooked up but the arm is mounted to the hanger), but would that make any difference? I have the driveshaft placed with the right amount of space so that the holes for the spirol pins line up to those on the rag joints...

Tristan-

Yeah, that shaft appears to be way too short.

Kraig-

I've had several QA-36A throwers with the curved upper links. Did those really not come out until the 82 series?

Here is another pic. Getting really frustrated this week nothing is going right for me. Spent the last 4 days and 6 trips to the parts store working on ball joints for my F150... got to go back in the morning too. Then I couldnt get the spirol pin to put the creeper on, lots of pins 1" and larger locally but nowhere could I find 7/8" or whatever it was.

So to be sure I just pulled the new clutch back out and lined it up with the old one. Going from the front of the shaft to the pin hole, it appears the new one is about 1/4" shorter best I can tell. Is that really all it takes to be out of whack? Man this isnt going right for me. I noticed one of my driver pins are longer than the other two, not sure if my driver is at factory specs or not.

232784.jpg

Thank you for your help i had just seen one the other day and i wanted to get my facts straight before i asked the guy to buy it.

Matt, that is my understanding, that the QA36B was introduced to allow it to mount to the 82 series.
dunno.gif

Denny, not sure about Texas, but David Adair came up from Oklahoma. I recall he was buying up Cub Cadet parts and accessories like crazy around that time. He and I were talking at PD1 and when he found out I didn't have a plow he offered to GIVE me one of several 10" Brinly plows that he had bought at PD1 but I foolishly declined...

Here's a photo of David, a big man with a big heart.

232799.jpg

Bob S., WOW! nice set of <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> carts!
greenthumb.gif

Tristan-

What's the other end of the clutch look like? The throwout bearing looks like it's much further ahead on the new clutch.

Here,s a photo of the QA belt adjuster I made
I found the reverse threaded rod a local hardware store

232817.jpg

and the broken one

232818.jpg

sorry charlie it must of been my computor the grafix card is going

Latest posts

Back