• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 04, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhomrighausen

displayname
Marlin Homrighausen
These wouldn't let me post... Danged Archive Bug...

If you want to see the Mississippi from the store's parking lot.Just in front of the white car is an alley.

241074.jpg

Upstairs (their office area and off limits) is a beautiful Head dress.

241075.jpg

And of course I can't forget how Fancy checked out the Pow'r Pup as soon as I got home. I used Ol' Blue as my tractor hauler.

241076.jpg

241077.jpg

It meets his approval. It even ahs a Kohler that may have to go since it is a bit too tall to allow following blueprints for the hood.
241078.jpg

Marlin,

I understand now why the 70 had to go, but why torture us by only showing part of the pup? I know that was probably Fancy's idea. It looks like he is the boss around there!
err.gif

By the way, what does old blue look like?

Worked on my cub building some more today. Put up 12 more feet of shelving, finished the ceiling, which included a trap door so the attic could be used for some storage later on. Man it sure is hot.

Marlin, When were you out there?? I was making a drop off and pick up in LeClaire on Friday.

I was kinda' let down by the store. I know it was small but not too many goodies. The have to be warehousing the "good stuff" someplace else.

Oops... Just noticed that the pictures didnt' show up in my post on the previous page. I apologize for that.

Dave sitting on Ol' Blue (1993 Dakota that just turned 244,000 Miles) with the Pow'r Pup.
241099.jpg

If I recall the red one is part of Mike's personal collection.
241100.jpg

241101.jpg

241102.jpg

Tom H. I was there two Saturday's ago. I wondered the same thing about the inventory. Of course they have the Nashville store to fill up. Did you see the big sign with a painting of Danielle on the building right across the street from their building? I was told that inside are several very beautiful pictures of Danielle on display. I'll check that out with my next trip there which will be hopefully in September.

And... from the looks of things right now this fella will be replacing Ol' Blue sometime in the future. Ol' Blue's engine is getting tired and the body is starting to rust. The a/c is R12 and too expensive to recharge and the radio hasn't worked since March.
241103.jpg

Marty G. As I begin to work on the Pow'r Pup I'll start a separate posting in the Off topic area. To some he is one ugly little worn out tractor. And yet to others he is a real neat part of history that is worth saving. I can't wait to be able to take him to a Plow Day. The magazine article said that plowing depths of up to eight inches can be obtained. That is a bit much though.

Lucas J. I'd switch Ol' Blue over to the R134A only then I'd be tempted to keep him and not drive the 4x4 Dakota which has power windows and door locks, AC, power mirrors, Infinity Stereo, 318, auto, and probably something else that I've forgotten about. I'll give you a real good deal on Ol' Blue and the 70 as a package deal. Or you could call it Bundling as in The American Pickers. Ol' Blue has lots of life left in him only this other truck was a really good deal for us. 'Blue even has the original factory spare tire. Get both of them and I'll buy you a Subway or McDonald's dinner on Fancy.
happy.gif

Marlin, I'll take that deal. Both the dakota and the 70, heck I'll let you owe me the sandwich
happy.gif

Dave R. We could meet up at the American Pickers place (and the other two places in LeClaire. Then we could either eat at the Faithful Pilot (Danielle's favorite spot) or at the cafe in nearby Argo. However... the best guy to talk to about a non-biased opinion about Ol' Blue would be Ryan McShane. He drove 'Blue in May to pick up his latest 169. 'Blue and I have been through a lot together. He's only been stuck three times. The first time it was icy in the morning and I used instant mashed potato flakes under the rear tires and the second time was my fault. I listened to fella tell me it was safe to back into an area to load some garden tractors that I'd purchased. Third time was my fault and I got hung up on some frozen snow backing up too far. Three girlfriends, a "few" tractors and accesories hauled, and some other adventures... He's like an old friend. However if you'd really want Ol' Blue and the 70...
happy.gif
(I don't know that he'd pass Illinois inspection laws. He has two chips that have never grown any bigger in the windshield. They've been there for over four years.)

Marlin would you send me an e-mail. I tried to send you one but it said not valid, thanks

Dave R. Done that a little while ago. You should get it. Try putting Cub Cadet Info needed so it gets through the SPAM filters.

Marlin, thanks, it's not your e-mails fault I have to copy and paste and it doesn't always work.

Things that kill my cub time?
Like riding up on the parkway to find some cool air and burn the crap out of my arms! Thought it would be about a two hour ride, and turned out to be more like 3-1/2 to 4! Oh well, thank goodness for aloe lotion.
Did manage to disassemble, clean, and reassemble correctly a used sandblasting cabinet that I bought Monday.

Marlin,

Does Fancy ever sleep like this?

241279.jpg

And after the flash goes off, roll over and look at you like this?

241280.jpg

Marty G. He and the other kitties sure do. Two afternoons ago Fancy was sleeping so soundly on the couch he was snoring quite loud. This morning, he spent a little over an hour and a half under Ol' Blue watching us mowing lawn. Finally he decided it was time to go in the house for of all things his morning nap.

Dang it... I forgot to have the kids check that 70a serial number for Lewis P. It was still 97* at 6:30 p.m.

I knew I shouldn't have let the cats come upstairs. Now Louie, AKA, "mountain lion" wants to post his own comments!

241327.jpg

No TV in the "beach house" for sure. I know they would figure out how to get out. Lester (the other outside cat) is content with just sleeping on the chair.

Marty G. You mean that he's turning into a
241331.gif
? Fancy and him will have their own advice column pretty quick.
241332.gif

Back