• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 21, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Dunham & Wes!
What's it like to have snow? Friday on my way home from work, the Weather-Meisters were saying 12"-15" this weekend. I don't even think my driveway is wet. Heard you guys got 10"...

Steve-
That's pretty neat. I actually have the hyd. Motor and fittings sitting right here for the same project. Wanna bring your welder up here and do another?
happy.gif

More like "sleep day". I finally have an excuse to get more than a few hours sleep (course, I'll be up all night looking for a skid loader)
err.gif

No you won't, because you're going out to the garage to drop that blade from the 'Yoda.....RIGHT NOW, I WANT SNOW!

Art, getting kind of personal aren't you? No snow here. I guess the fleet is scaring it away. The 106 with blade, the 1650 with snowthrower, and the Farmall M with v-plow are all lined up in front of the shed door waiting to go. Let it come. They all have 5w30 in them, full of fuel, and batteries all charged up.

Does anyone have a picture of the rod and bracketry hook ups for a front blade and thrower on a 982? I need an example to go by. I missing the lift rod and brackets.
Thanks
Dave H.

Darn weather here in MN. Wake up this morning looking forward to using the 1650 with the blade and the 582 with the blower and all that I find is ICE. Man I hate it when the weather dude takes away my plans of seat time on a Sunday morning. Does give me more time to work on getting the 1450 all prepped for winter service. Maybe this is the price I pay for getting my winter fleet ready before they are needed!!!

Art- It's kinda wet and crappy here right now,nowhere near cold enough for snow. And now that the ground is so wet we'll need a snap freeze to have any chance of the snow staying if it ever does come. It's like last year,they were hardly ever right,and NEVER right on a big storm. Then very early last spring we got HAMMERED when they never said a thing about it. Afterward they said it was a "freak sno-squall". Yeah,I'll say. There was over a foot in the parking lot at work,and I remember cuz I was out in the Bobcat for 2-3 hours. Good luck up there,I'm waitin' for some too!
happy.gif

Hi guys! I'm considering putting my QA36 snow thrower on my "Let's go Cubs!" 123. A quick look at and it seems you'd almost have to remove the engine to put the rear bolts into the frame. Do I remember correctly that someone made a quick attach bracket strap that uses just a pin in that location?

Time to get the tape measure out.
Does anyone know what the outside distance of dual rear tires when using 6 X 12's? Working on a project tractor, but want to make sure it fits in the shed.

On that Nice 605 bearing i understand that nice sold out to SKF. I went to our local bearing store and they had 7 of the Nice 605 in stock. They said SKF has droped alot of the Nice line. Don

Tom-
I just measured the 71 w/duals and came up with 47-1/2". I've got Dan's adaptors with 6-12's on both wheels.

Kevin-
I think we got about 1"+ here now. (Just enough to go over my sandals!) ;-) 'Course the weather-jerks are somehow saying we got 4"-5", but they're further West, so maybe..

Gee Art, weather JERK is being really nice! How would you like having a job where you were only right about 1/2 the time and you never got fired????

Does anyone out there have the "Setting Up Instructions" for the IH canopy? I have acquired part of one and want to know if I have to drill holes in the frame near the engine in order to install the frame stiffeners on my 129. In addition, by reading the parts book, it appears that there were also a seat belt and anti-rollover bars (wheelie bars) supplied with the original kit. I do not have those parts, but I also don't have any 30 degree hills to traverse. If anyone has any information to share, I would appreciate it. Thanks,
Colin

Damn, I'm moving to WI. Not only do they have a Bong Recreation Area, they've also got one of these! What more can ya ask for??

14065.jpg

To keep it vaguely on topic, I did manage to sneak in a visit to Dan's on Saturday...

Colin:

I've got a complete canopy, with the wheelie bars and seat belt. I don't have the instructions though. The wheelie bars look like they would be easy to duplicate, youre welcome to copy mine if you want

Latest posts

Back